Bacon Spinach Alfredo Pizza - creamy white Alfredo sauce flavored with bacon and spinach gives a delicious unconventional twist on traditional pizza...it's what's for dinner tonight!
Does your family love pizza as much as mine? This recipe for Bacon Spinach Alfredo Pizza is different than the traditional pizza recipes I usually make for my family. And let me tell you, it was so good!
Spinach Alfredo Pizza
But I decided to try something new and it came out really good. I usually make my homemade beer dough pizza recipe for our weekly pizza night. However for this recipe I used the same refrigerated pizza dough like I do for my Pizza and Pepperoni Braid Recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- Pizza stone - I only make pizza using a stone. If you don't have one, use a baking sheet lined with Parchment Baking Sheets. The parchment paper will help crisp up the pizza dough.
- Rolling pin - a traditional rolling pin or even a pastry rolling pin will work great.
- Pizza Wheel Cutter
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Refrigerated Pizza Crust - I used a tube of Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves - I do think using fresh spinach makes this recipe taste best, BUT it's okay if all you have is frozen! Make sure you squeeze as much water out of it as possible after pre-cooking in the microwave.
- Bacon -cooked and chopped
- Garlic - I like to use fresh garlic cloves, but if all you have is garlic powder, that works too!
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Jar of Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese - shredded
Step 1: Roll out the Refrigerated Pizza Dough
Use a rolling pin to get the dough pressed out into all the corners. Then use the back of a fork to poke holes in the dough so it doesn't bubble up when you pre-bake the pizza dough.
Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven or until the crust is lightly browned.
Step 2: Cook the Fresh Baby Spinach
Place the spinach and two crushed garlic cloves in a microwave-safe bowl.
Cover and cook on high for 2 to 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
Place the cooked spinach in a sieve and push the extra moisture/water out. You can also squeeze the spinach dry using paper towels. Try to get as much of the moisture out of the cooked spinach.
Step 3: Assemble the Bacon Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Combine half the bacon with the Alfredo sauce and pour over the bottom of the pre-baked pizza crust.
Step 4: Add the Mozzarella Cheese
Add half the mozzarella cheese to the top of the bacon Alfredo sauce mixture.
Step 5: Add the Cooked Baby Spinach
Add the cooked baby spinach to the top of the pizza.
Step 6: Add the Remaining Mozzarella Cheese
Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and chopped bacon. Finally, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
Step 7: Baking Instructions
Bake for an additional 10 minutes in the 425 degree oven or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Step 8: Slice the Pizza
Allow the pizza to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Step 8: What to Serve with Pizza
Serve either of these fresh salads to complete your meal:
- German Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Fiesta Corn Salad
- A simple tossed salad with Homemade Italian Salad Dressing would be nice alongside as well.
Like this recipe? Try these other Pizza Recipes:
- Pizza Dipping Sauces
- Homemade Pizza Dough with Freezing Tips
- Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Cast Iron Pan Pizza
- 1 package Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust; 13.8 ounce size
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 slices bacon; cooked and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves; crushed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup jarred Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Unroll dough and press it into the bottom of a baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Place the spinach and two crushed garlic cloves in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Place the cooked spinach in a sieve and push the extra moisture/water out. You can also squeeze the spinach dry using paper towels, but be careful as the spinach will be very hot. Try to get as much of the moisture out of the cooked spinach.
- Add half the bacon to the Alfredo sauce and spread over the bottom of the pre-cooked pizza crust.
- Add half the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the spinach.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares to serve.
You could add crumbled cooked Italian sausage or cooked cubed chicken as well if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 854mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!