Everyone needs a recipe like these bakery style blueberry streusel muffins in their recipe box. They're the perfect special treat for weekends with the family or when guests are coming to visit for brunch.
You can even bake these and bring over to a friend's house that's just had a baby or is not feeling well. Either way you're going to love how easy the blueberry muffins come together and you're going to love the bakery style taste the added streusel topping gives them.
Bakery Style Streusel Topping
- Most blueberry muffins that have a streusel topping bake the topping along with the muffin.
- But sometimes the topping can bake right into the muffin and you don't even taste the delicious crumb streusel.
- With this recipe you prepare the topping separately on top of the stove and then add the streusel topping to the muffins after they bake.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature before creaming it with the sugar.
- Do not over mix the batter or you'll end up with a tough muffin.
- Spray the baking cups with non-stick spray before adding the batter. That way the muffin will come out of the cup easily when it's baked. Or you could use silicon muffin cups!
- Do not overfill the muffins cups/pans.
- Do not over bake or the muffins will be crumbly.
- The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar for two minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently just until combined, being sure not to over mix.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour, white sugar, and brown sugar to mix well.
- Fluff streusel with a fork.
- While muffins are still warm, sprinkle with finished streusel topping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.