What would a party or picnic be without food? For this year's summer party we're celebrating with an amazing collection of 4th of July foods. Whether you're entertaining family, friends or the whole neighborhood, there's nothing more important than making sure you have plenty of Traditional 4th of July Foods that are perfectly themed to help celebrate Independence Day.
How do you celebrate the 4th of July? Is it a quiet celebration at home or do you go all out with the traditional 4th of July foods, barbecue, desserts and then fireworks when the sun goes down?
Years ago, our family would gather at my parents house that was located in a small lake community. Our cousins would come and we enjoy tons of food, catching up with each other and a game or two of parcheesi.
Maybe you want to include a few diet-friendly recipes for your summer menus? Check out my 4th of July Healthy Food Ideas and recipes. Or if you need help getting the whole meal planned, check out the July 4th Menu Ideas or my 4th of July Food Traditions.
A fun dessert to make at the end of a long day of celebrating our country's heritage are 4th of July Cupcakes all decked out in red, white and blue! Make sure you grab the free cupcake toppers and wrappers that can be found here!
No matter how you celebrate, you'll want to be sure to check out these great recipes, drinks and desserts to help you throw the perfect star-spangled celebration your family and friends have ever seen.
Grab your picnic table set, get the grill fired up and let's celebrate the way we know best...with a great combination of red, white and blue inspired food.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Here's a great list of 4th of July Appetizers to start your party off the right way!
- These Caprese Antipasto Skewers are always a hit! Yes, I know they're not quite red, white and blue, but they're always delicious to serve for parties!
- Easy Strawberry Fruit Dip could also be served as a dessert. Fill a platter with fresh fruit and a few slices of cucumbers when serving this as an appetizer.
- Lemon Basil Mint Spritzer
- Homemade Peach Iced Tea
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch you should add a few blueberries to this punch to really bring the red, white and blue colors to the picnic table.
- You can't have a summer celebration without a plate of classic deviled eggs.
- Fresh Tomato Salad is perfect when summer tomatoes are ripe!
- Check out my collection of July 4th Side Dishes that deserve to be front and center on any buffet table!
Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and More!
- Check out my post on How to Grill the Best Burger before you light the grill.
- How to Freeze, Defrost and Cook Ground Beef is always helpful during the summer grilling season.
- Easy Marinade for Steak or my favorite Steak Seasoning Salt to help you grill steak to perfection every time.
- My family loves these No Bake Cheesecake Pudding Parfaits.
- If you prefer a parfait that has cake in it, try my latest recipe for Berry Trifle. It's so yummy!
- I love these Berry Cheesecakes and using raspberries and blueberries really do make them perfect for summer!
- How about trying an easy no bake patriotic dessert like these Oreo Cookie Patriotic Treats?
- You can't really go wrong with preparing a Flag Fruit Pizza to celebrated the Fourth of July.
- Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? How about a giant chocolate chip cookie made into a 4th of July Cookie Cake?
- You can't go wrong with this beautiful Red Velvet 4th of July Cake decorated with fresh strawberries and blueberries.