My family's favorite Christmas Cookies. These are recipes I grew up helping my mother bake every year.
From classic sugar cookies to indulgent shortbread chocolate thumbprints and gingerbread cookies, this collection has something for everyone.
They're perfect for gift-giving. Your family will love getting together to bake these easy dessert recipes every holiday season.
Ask anyone to share with you a favorite memory and most will say, "baking Christmas cookies." Walking on Sunshine Recipes is celebrating the start of the Christmas season with 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Whether you're an experienced baker or a beginner, these are easy cookie recipes you can make with your children, grandchildren or just by yourself to enjoy for the holiday season.
So gather your ingredients, preheat the oven, and get ready to create a variety of delicious cookies and Cookie Party Ideas that will bring joy and happiness to those who savor them.
Table of Contents
Mason Jar Gift Ideas
With a little creativity and a few simple ingredients, you can turn a plain mason jar into a meaningful and memorable gift that will bring smiles and warmth to your loved ones.
Check out all the recipes and ideas available for you here in the Mason Jar Gift Ideas section on the blog. All you need to do is simply put the ingredients together in a mason jar to give as gifts or use for hosting a cookie exchange,
Be sure to check out all the yummy Easy Cookie Recipes featured on the blog if you're looking for more classic every day type of cookies.
Whether it's the unmistakable aroma that fills the kitchen or the excitement of baking together with loved ones, making Christmas cookies is a cherished activity that brings families closer during the festive season.
Here are a few of our favorite recipes:
- Heart Shaped Short Bread Cookies - I have been making this cookie recipe for over 30 years and it always comes out perfect.
- Christmas Cookies to give as Gifts - 26 recipes, ideas and tips to choose from!
- Puff Pastry Christmas Cookies - delicate twists of baked puff pastry dipped in melted chocolate with colorful Christmas sprinkles.
- Gingerbread Cookie Recipe - dipped in melted white chocolate!
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies - how cute are candy canes? Well, they're even cuter when you can dip them in a glass of cold milk. Yummy sugar cookie recipe in the shape of a candy cane.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Peppermint Cookies - chocolate sugar cookie dough topped with a marshmallow and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candies.
- Peppermint Christmas Cookies - chocolate cookie dough balls rolled in sugar and then stuffed with a peppermint candy kiss. A fun twist on a family-favorite cookie.
- Sugar Christmas Cookies - topped with crushed peppermint candies.
- Marshmallow Christmas Cookies - chocolate cookies stuffed with M&M candy pieces and dehydrated marshmallows.
- Raspberry Jam Shortbread Cookies - my new favorite cookie. I literally could eat this whole batch in a day. Seriously.
- 3 Ingredient Christmas Cookie Recipe - only 3 ingredients for a delicious cookie that's perfect all year long.
- Peppermint Blossom Cookies
- Leftover Candy Cane Cookies
- Christmas Thumbprint Cookies - fill the centers with your favorite jam.
- 25 Christmas Cookies Ideas
- Christmas Icebox Cookies - freezing tips included!
Slice and Bake Cookies
With their make-ahead nature, slice and bake cookies allow you to have freshly baked goodies on hand whenever the craving strikes. The dough is prepared in advance, shaped into logs, and chilled until ready to use.
- Slice and Bake Colorful Swirl Cookies - I finally updated this cookie recipe from when it first appeared on the blog back in 2012.
- Freezer Friendly Slice and Bake Shortbread Cookies - another shortbread cookie recipe only this recipe you can freeze!
- Vanilla Chocolate Slice and Bake Cookies - a pinwheel style cookie that my family loves. You can freeze these too!
- Shortbread Christmas Cookies - buttery, sweet cookie that only takes 4 ingredients to put together.
- Christmas Refrigerator Cookies - another easy to make slice and bake cookie recipe. Freezing tips included.
- Chocolate Refrigerator Cookies - slice and bake cookies dipped in white melted chocolate.
- Holiday Slice and Bake Cookies
- Colorful Christmas Cookies
Italian Christmas Cookies
From the classic anise-flavored cookies to rich almond and vanilla-infused ones, each bite is a heavenly experience:
- Easy Italian Christmas Cookies
- Italian Holiday Cookies - a collection of family favorites!
- Old-Fashioned Italian Cookies - made with a cookie press!
- Italian Ricotta Christmas Cookies - A Family Tradition - my family has been enjoying these Italian Christmas Cookies for years!
- Best Italian Christmas Cookies - my mom's famous recipe for the best cookies ever! Seriously, these cookies are great all year long, but especially fun during the holidays. They hold up great for shipping, freezing and gift-giving.
Drop Cookie Recipes
Whether you're baking them for a cookie exchange, holiday party, or simply to enjoy at home, drop Christmas cookies are sure to bring smiles and joy to everyone who takes a bite:
- White Cake Mix Christmas Cookies - let's make cookies that are EASY and ready fast with this cake mix hack recipe.
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies - my father's favorite cookie recipe. He loved oatmeal cookies and I bake these every year in his memory.
- Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies - not just chocolate chip cookies, but chocolate chunk cookies with walnuts!
- Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies - made with hot chocolate mix blended right into the cookie dough! Who knew that by adding hot cocoa mix to a cookie batter you’d get such a delicious tasting cookie?
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies - classic Christmas flavor in a classic Christmas cookie recipe.
- Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies - classic peanut butter cookies only made with chunky peanut butter for a bit of a crunch!
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - take the best of a chocolate chip cookie, only add cocoa powder to the cookie batter and you get this irresistible cookie.
- 3 Ingredient Christmas Cookies - yes, you can bake cookies using only three ingredients. These are a few of our favorites!
- Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Cookies with Peppermint - made with a cake mix.
Diabetic Christmas Cookies
Bake cookies for family and friends who can't enjoy a full sugar cookie over the holiday season:
- Sugar Free Christmas Cookies
- Diabetic Christmas Cookies
- Sugar Free Christmas Cookie Recipe
- Try my Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies that's great all year round!
No-Bake Christmas Cookies
These treats allow you to enjoy delicious, homemade goodies without the need for traditional baking. With a simple mix of ingredients and easy preparation, these no-bake cookies come together in no time:
- Oreo Christmas Cookies - the perfect no-bake recipe the whole family will love helping you make this holiday season.
- Christmas No Bake Cookies - take store-bought cookies and make them festive by adding melted chocolate and fun Christmas sprinkles.
- Oreo Cookie Truffles - made with only 3 ingredients...well four if you count the sprinkles!
- Easy to make Oreo Holiday Cookies.
- Nutter Butter Snowman Cookies
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
We can't forget about baking Christmas cookies for Santa's trusty reindeer! See the full collection of reindeer cookies included with all the Reindeer Desserts that are sure to bring joy to kids and adults alike.
- Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
- Reindeer Cookies
- Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Christmas Reindeer Cookies
- Reindeer Sugar Cookies
Tips on Packaging Christmas Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Here are some great ideas for packaging the Christmas cookies you baked to give as gifts to family, friends and neighbors.
There are quite a few different gift labels and tags available in the WOS Christmas Shop. I hope you'll click on over and check those out!
A fun way to seal the packaging for your Christmas cookies is to use these stickers. I love the "From the Kitchen" stickers.