Roasted Plum Tomatoes
- 12 plum tomatoes, cut in half or quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. red onion, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh basil
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and toss with the tomatoes.
- Lay the tomatoes on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 250 degree oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Let cool before serving.
This is how I enjoyed them the other night on top of sliced mozzarella.
You could also put the roasted plump tomatoes on top of pizza dough and then bake. Or toss the roasted tomatoes into some cooked pasta. The ideas are endless so why not try roasted some tomatoes tonight!