Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even an afternoon snack these Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish are a semi-homemade danish made with refrigerated crescent rolls, blueberry pie filling and cream cheese.
Grab a can of refrigerated dough and let me show you another easy crescent roll recipe.
Today I'm sharing a delicious and easy blueberry cream cheese danish recipe. For this recipe I chose blueberry pie filling, however, you can use any flavor of fruit your family loves. Or you can leave off the fruit like I do with my Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls.
How cute would it be to make cherry and blueberry for the 4th of July holiday weekend?
You can leave out the cream cheese filling if you wanted a more easier recipe to prepare. Try my apple danish recipe that only uses apple pie filling with the crescent rolls.
Table of Contents
- Recipes Using Crescent Rolls
- Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Main Ingredients Needed
- Step-by-Step Directions:
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling
- How to Fill the Danish
- Baking Instructions
- How to Prepare the Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Before You Begin!
- 🍶Storage Tips
- ❄️Freezing Tips
- 🌟Try these recipes next...
- 📇Recipe Card
- 💬 Comments
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2018 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Recipes Using Crescent Rolls
I love to use refrigerated crescent rolls to create easy, semi-homemade recipes, desserts or snacks. You really can make anything with a tube of dough!
You might want to double this recipe because these blueberry danish do go fast! Seriously, every time I make these they disappear really quickly from the buffet table. So do yourself a favor and double the recipe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Refrigerated crescent rolls.
- Blueberry pie filling; you will not use all of it.
- Cream cheese; softened
- Powdered sugar
📌Quick Tip: You only need about 1 cup of the pie filling for this recipe. The leftovers freeze well or you can serve the blueberry pie filling over homemade pancakes!
- Step 1: Open the crescent rolls up, however, do not separate or unroll them. Keep them in a "roll" or cylinder and using a serrated knife, slice into about 10 -12 individual slices or circles.
- Step 2: Using the back of your thumb or a tart tamper, make an indentation in the center of each crescent roll round. You can also use the back of a small spoon or melon scoop.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling
- Step 3: Make sure the cream cheese is soft before even beginning this step. You can remove it from the refrigerator an hour before you're planning on making this recipe.
- Step 4: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
How to Fill the Danish
- Step 5: Place a spoonful of cream cheese in the center being careful not to overfill them.
- Step 6: Now add a spoonful of blueberry pie filling or whatever flavor you're using.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18 - 20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are lightly golden brown.
How to Prepare the Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Combine the glaze ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle the glaze on top of the slightly cooled danish, serve and enjoy!
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container for up to a week.
- Unfortunately, this recipe does not freeze well.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Strawberry Danish with Crescent Rolls.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish.
For the Danish:
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls.
- 1 cup of blueberry pie filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese; softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Glaze:
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. milk
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Set aside while you prepare the crescent rolls.
- Open the package of crescent rolls, but do not separate or unroll them. Keep them as a long cylinder or roll.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the long cylinder into 12 equal pieces.
- Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, gently indent the middle of each circle so there is a space for the cream cheese to be placed inside.
- Place a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each crescent circle. Then place a small spoonful of the blueberry pie filling on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Let cool and drizzle with the glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!