If you're looking for a delicious weekend brunch treat that will wow your family and friends, look no further than my new recipe for Strawberry Danish with Crescent Rolls!
Made with sweetened cream cheese, fresh strawberries, refrigerator crescent rolls are another delicious breakfast idea that are perfect for weekend brunch!
Read on to get started on your new favorite strawberry-filled recipe!
Check out all the other Crescent Roll Recipes for even more delicious recipe ideas.
This recipe combines the convenience of ready-to-use crescent rolls with the sweetness of fresh strawberries and sweetened cream cheese.
Once you have the crescent rolls separated, spread the cream cheese mixture on top followed by chopped fresh strawberries. Then simply roll them up and bake!
Not only do they taste amazing, but they are also incredibly easy to prepare! Read on to get started on your new favorite strawberry-filled recipe.
Looking for more Breakfast Ideas made with crescent rolls? Try my Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole, Breakfast Pizza on Crescent Rolls or my favorite Cinnamon Roll Crescent Rolls. They taste like a cinnamon bun!
Table of Contents
- Crescent roll dough can tear pretty easily, so be careful when separating the triangles.
- After filling and rolling up the dough, make sure to pinch the edges tightly to seal in the filling. This will prevent the cream cheese filling from leaking out during baking.
- Keep an eye on the rolls while they bake, as ovens may vary. If needed, adjust the baking time or temperature to ensure the pastry cooks evenly and becomes golden brown.
- Finally, don't skip the step of brushing the beaten egg on top of the crescent rolls before baking. It adds a beautiful golden color and a glossy sheen to the bake danishes.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Strawberry Shortcake Candle| Creamy Whipped Topping | Juicy Strawberries |Cake Crumble|13 oz/ 369g | Made in USAOXO Good Grips Quick Release Multi Cherry Pitter & Strawberry HullerMarble Rolling Pin Pizza Roller, Marble Dough Roller Non-Stick T-Type, For Cake Baking Tortilla Fudge Pizza Cookies and Other Kitchen Baking Cooking (White).48-Pack Pink Paper Plates with Gold Foil for Strawberry Birthday Party (9 in)
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute milk for the heavy cream
- Try with fresh blueberries or raspberries to change it up with your favorite fruits!
- If you can't get fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries will work, too. Thaw and drain any excess liquid before adding the sugar.
- Step 1: Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla and ¼ cup sugar until smooth. Stir the chopped strawberries with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Step 2: Separate the dough into triangles. On the bottom of each triangle, spread the cream cheese mixture, then top with a spoonful of strawberries. Beginning from the wide end, roll the crescents up and place on the baking sheet.
📌Quick Tip: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up!
- Step 3: Brush the tops of each crescent roll with the beaten egg. Bake at 350°F for 11 to 13 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Step 4: Make the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar and cream together. Drizzle the glaze over the tops of the crescent rolls by putting it in a piping bag, a zip top bag with a small cut at the corner, or with a spoon.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🍽 Make it a Meal
- These strawberry danishes are great all on their own as a dessert, or add them to any breakfast or brunch menu.
- Check out my other recipe for crescent rolls filled with apple pie filling and cream cheese.
- Add leftovers to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or air fryer until warmed through.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing to avoid lumps.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Yes! You can use fresh blueberries, blackberries and even peaches!
You can prepare them up to 3 hours before you need to bake them. Make sure you cover them completely with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Do not leave them on the countertop as the cream cheese will spoil.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Easy Cream Cheese Danish.
- Try my Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, and even my Strawberry Pudding Cups. Yum!
- 1 (8 count) package crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, and ¼ cup sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of each triangle, then top with a spoonful of strawberries.
- Roll up the crescents starting from the wide end, then place each crescent roll on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each crescent roll with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow the rolls to cool, then whisk together the powdered sugar and cream. Drizzle the glaze over the top of each crescent roll before serving.
Allow the crescent roll Danish to cool slightly before drizzling with the powdered sugar glaze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.