The amazing thing about this collection of Easy Puff Pastry Recipes is they look way more difficult than they actually are. You create a fun appetizer, impressive dinner and a delicious dessert all with this magical dough that can be found in the frozen food section at your local grocery store.
Included in this list of puff pastry recipes are croissants, pastry twists, hand pies, cheese rolls and more. You can't go wrong with this collection!
You can use puff pastry for so many different recipes. Today I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite savory and sweet recipes.
Table of Contents
How to Prepare Puff Pastry
While using puff pastry dough is easy, you do need to keep a few things in mind while baking with it:
- Just like you found it in the freezer section at your local grocery store, you should always store it in your freeze at home.
- Remove it from the freezer the night before you plan on using it.
- Thawing it in the refrigerator overnight will help ensure that it's ready to use the next day.
- Keep the dough cold. If you find the dough is getting warm while you're preparing the recipe, place the dough back in the refrigerator for five, ten minutes just to chill it again.
- It's okay to roll it out flat on a floured surface to remove the fold lines in the dough.
- After you've put the recipe together, place the tray, muffin pan, etc in the refrigerator to chill the dough again. That way the layers of butter will puff up perfectly while baking in the hot oven.
You can find more tips on How to Thaw Puff Pastry Quickly in my Puff Pastry Apple Braid recipe post.
How to Bake Puff Pastry
Here are the best tips for how to bake puff pastry to make sure all your recipes come out perfect and delicious every time:
- Bake puff pastry unitl you see them start to puff up and turn lightly brown.
- This can take anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes; however baking time will vary according to the recipe.
- If you are baking a recipe with a filling like my Puff Pastry Cream Cheese Danish, it will take a little longer.
- It's always best to keep an eye on the baking process.
- Never use a microwave or even a toaster oven. The results will not be the same.
What temperature do you cook puff pastry at?
Most recipes for puff pastry will be baked in a preheated 425°F.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!