How to Make Pre-Made Mason Jar Recipes that are perfect for the kids for back-to-school lunches or to take with you to work or out running errands! Try this new way and fun way for your lunch today. Then head over to try my Oreo Cheesecake Pudding Dessert also made in a mason jar.
Have your kids started back-to-school yet? I know in some areas of the country most kids started last week. Here in our corner of the world, school starts next week. Our son leaves for college this week and my hubby starts with the ROTC cadets at the end of the month.
Back-to-School Lunch Ideas
I put together a great list of ideas on how to use mason jars for back-to-school lunches or pre-made meals for you to take to work.
Most of the time these recipes work great with keeping the dry ingredients separate from the wet or having layered salads with the dressing on the bottom of the jar.
You may need to use a smaller container for the salad dressing. Make sure you check out the shopping list for ideas on different products to use.
Quick Tip: Do not use glass mason jars to pack lunches for younger children. Most schools will not allow glass jars of any kind. Check out the shopping list for plastic mason jar items you can purchase.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Mason Salad Jar Inserts helps turn your mason jar into the perfect carrier and divider.
- Bento Mason Jar Lids work great too!
- Pack and Go Mason Jar Lunch Box Kit
- Place the salad dressing or any 'wet ingredients' in the bottom of the mason jar.
- Layer the salad ingredients.
- Finally add any crunchy items, like walnuts, croutons, crushed crackers, etc at the top.
- Pack the mason jar along with an ice pack to keep the food fresh.
- When you or your child is ready for lunch, gently shake the jar to mix everything together.
Tried any of these recipes? Let me know in the comments!
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!