Berry Trifle Recipe with angel food cake is sure to please all your guests for any celebration. This is a Weight Watchers friendly dessert with only 5 points. Served in mason jars, the trifles look cute on any buffet table.
These are a favorite patriotic dessert and 4th of July Food that's even great to give as a take home dessert at the end of a party.
Berry Trifle Recipes are a classic summer dish. In addition to being filled with delicious summer berries, this fun no-bake berry trifle dessert is the perfect patriotic treat when made with red strawberries, blueberries, and white whipped cream!
For the most part, serving a traditional trifle, like my Patriotic Berry Trifle, at a summer get-together can sometimes be difficult for your guests to enjoy.
Therefore, by placing this classic recipe inside a cute mason jar, you turn this beautiful red, white, and blue berry trifle recipe into a portable treat perfect for any outdoor get-together this summer.
Looking for more Mason Jar Desserts? Try my Cheesecake Pudding Parfait, Pumpkin Mason Jar Dessert or my Oreo Cheesecake Pudding. Yum!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
The recipe ingredients are for ONE pint-sized mason jar. Increase the ingredients depending on how many people you are serving.
- One slice of angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lite whipped topping
Step 1: Angel Food Cake
- You could make your angel food cake, but it's so much easier to purchase one at the grocery store.
- Break apart or slice the cake into chunks being careful not to make them too big so they don't fit in the mason jar.
Step 2: Layer the Cake and Berries
- Add the angel food cake pieces to the bottom of each mason jar followed by the berries and then whipped topping.
Tips for Preparing Berry Trifle Recipes
- This recipe takes a shortcut by using pre-made angel food cake, but you can definitely make it homemade if you prefer.
- Each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
- A good rule of thumb is to make one jar per person but the "Italian" in me always makes enough for leftovers. So I would make two jars per guest.
- Wash your berries a few hours before putting the jars together.
- Make sure the berries are completely dry before adding the whipped topping so there's no chance of the berries bleeding into the white of the whipped topping.
- I used pint size mason jars.
How to Store and Serve Mason Jar Desserts
- Serve immediately after you've finished adding all the ingredients to the mason jars or store in the refrigerator to serve later in the day.
- If you plan on serving the berry trifle later in the day, cover them with the mason jar lids and rings.
- To serve the berry trifles, place the jars on a cute tray on the dessert buffet table for your guests to help themselves to. Don't forget to tie a cute ribbon around the top of each mason jar.
- It's fun to have your guests open the mason jar and start enjoying the delicious treat!
- Have an empty bowl nearby for the guests to place the lids and rings in after they've opened up the desserts.
- Berry Trifle served in mason jars will store in the refrigerator for up to one day as they are best enjoyed the same day as you prepare them.
You can make a cute design with the last layer of berries if you want or have the whipped cream be the last layer. It's really up to you. Remember, each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
This dessert also works great if some of your guests have to leave early. You can send them home with something sweet to eat!
More Delicious Patriotic Recipes and Ideas:
- No Bake Mason Jar Desserts
- Flag Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Patriotic Cupcakes
- Star Shaped Patriotic Cereal Treats
Berry Trifle Recipe with Angel Food Cake
Berry Trifle Recipe with angel food cake is sure to please all your guests for any celebration. Served in my favorite mason jars, the trifles look cute on any buffet table.
- 1 slice of angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons whipped topping
- Place half the pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of a pint-size jar.
- Top the cake pieces with ¼ cup chopped strawberries and two tablespoons blueberries.
- Top the fruit with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping.
- Add the remaining pieces of angel food cake to the jar.
- Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping.
- Add additional fruit on top for decoration (optional).
Note: Each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
These trifles are so cute and look delicious. I love angel food cake in a trifle. Pinned. Congratulations on being featured on Tuesday Turn About.
Michelle | Thistle Key Lane says
Your berry trifle looks so delicious and easy to make too. I can't wait to try it! Look for your post to be featured this week at our Tuesday Turn About Link Party!
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
My son is coming in for a visit next week and these are perfect for me to make ahead of time. And I'm sure so delicious too. Thanks for sharing the idea this week so I could make them while he is here. #HomeMattersParty
I love this dessert. so perfect for summer. Congratulations, you are being featured on Over the Moon Linky Party. I hope you stop by.
Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist says
Love this! Angel cake works perfectly in trifle... I have a similar recipe for a strawberry and cointreau Angel Cake trifle that we make at Christmas. Yum! x
Lauren | Mom Home Guide says
Thanks for sharing this recipe on Merry Monday. I am featuring it this week! Your recipe looks amazing!
Thank you so much!!!!
Sarah @ The DIY Mommy says
Only 5 points and it looks delicious! My kids are getting more and more excited to create "alone" in the kitchen and I think this is the perfect recipe for them to try out this weekend 😉 Thanks for sharing!
Marisa F. Stewart says
This is such a great idea. What an easy way to take dessert to a picnic or even a barbecue. And if you're watching your weight -- it's portion controlled. If you have a small individual cooler it would be great for a lunch dessert.
Veena Azmanov says
I love such amazing option. These look delicious and yum. This is an amazing gifting option too.
I just love food in jars. Weird? LOL! I don't know, they're just so fun to eat! And these look delicious. Perfect for Canada Day (which we celebrate on July 1). It's funny how you mention the “Italian” in you always makes extra. It's the same...the "Filipino" in me makes wayyy more food than is needed too haha! Our guests always have leftovers to take home.
Gloria | Homemade & Yummy says
This is a fun dessert for a bbq party. Perfect to take on a picnic too. Love things in jars.