Berry Trifle Recipe with angel food cake is sure to please all your guests for any celebration. This is a Weight Watchers friendly dessert with only 5 points. Served in mason jars, the trifles look cute on any buffet table.
These are a favorite patriotic dessert and 4th of July Food that's even great to give as a take home dessert at the end of a party.
Serving a traditional trifle, like my Patriotic Berry Trifle, at a summer get-together can sometimes be difficult for your guests to enjoy.
However, if you serve this classic recipe inside a cute mason jar, you turn this beautiful red, white, and blue berry trifle recipe into a portable treat perfect for any outdoor get-together this summer.
This dessert also works great if some of your guests have to leave early. You can send them home with something sweet to eat!
Table of Contents
📌Helpful Tip: Discover the Weight Watchers Program for expert guidance on maximizing the effectiveness of their program, point system, and meal plan. As always, consult with your doctor for more personalized information and recommendations.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
The recipe ingredients are for ONE pint-sized mason jar. Increase the ingredients depending on how many people you are serving.
- One slice of angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces; either homemade or store-bought.
- Whipped Topping or Fresh Whipped Cream
- Step 1: Break apart or slice the cake into chunks being careful not to make them too big so they don't fit in the mason jar.
- Step 2: Add the angel food cake pieces to the bottom of each mason jar followed by the berries and then whipped topping.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
📌You can make a cute design with the last layer of berries if you want or have the whipped cream be the last layer. It's really up to you. Remember, each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
⏲Prep Ahead Tips
- This recipe takes a shortcut by using pre-made angel food cake, but you can definitely make it homemade if you prefer.
- Each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
- A good rule of thumb is to make one jar per person but the "Italian" in me always makes enough for leftovers. So I would make two jars per guest.
- Wash your berries a few hours before putting the jars together.
- Make sure the berries are completely dry before adding the whipped topping so there's no chance of the berries bleeding into the white of the whipped topping.
- I used pint size mason jars for this recipe.
- Serve immediately after you've finished adding all the ingredients to the mason jars or store in the refrigerator to serve later in the day.
- If you plan on serving the berry trifle later in the day, cover them with the mason jar lids and rings.
- To serve the berry trifles, place the jars on a cute tray on the dessert buffet table for your guests to help themselves to. Don't forget to tie a cute ribbon around the top of each mason jar.
- It's fun to have your guests open the mason jar and start enjoying the delicious treat!
- Have an empty bowl nearby for the guests to place the lids and rings in after they've opened up the desserts.
- Berry Trifle served in mason jars will store in the refrigerator for up to one day as they are best enjoyed the same day as you prepare them.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 1 slice of angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons whipped topping
- Place half the pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of a pint-size jar.
- Top the cake pieces with ¼ cup chopped strawberries and two tablespoons blueberries.
- Top the fruit with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping.
- Add the remaining pieces of angel food cake to the jar.
- Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with 1 ½ tablespoons whipped topping.
- Add additional fruit on top for decoration (optional).
Note: Each jar has 5 Weight Watchers points if fat free whipped topping is used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.