Easy homemade granola recipe made with coconut, pecan, chocolate chip and maple syrup. This recipe is perfect for breakfast or sprinkled on top of a cracker spread with peanut butter. You might even find yourself just grabbing a handful every now and then for as a special treat!
You are going to love this easy recipe for homemade Chocolate Chip Granola. What is your favorite cereal to enjoy for breakfast? For me it would be granola well, really Cap’n Crunch, but that’s for another blog post.
I really do love granola. I love to have it on top of yogurt or on top of a cracker spread with peanut butter or just in a bowl with milk.
Chocolate Chip Granola
I’m sharing with you today a very easy recipe for homemade coconut pecan chocolate chip granola. Your family is going to love it almost as much as mine. I love granola because it is very easy to make but the one thing I don’t love about granola is the price.
It is really expensive these days to purchase granola from the grocery store. Which is why I love this recipe AND you can add basically anything to this recipe when it’s done baking.
I added mini chocolate chips because it adds a little extra sweetness to the crunch of the oats and pecans. And if you don’t like coconut, you can leave that out from the recipe. Either way, you are going to LOVE this recipe!
Is Homemade Granola Healthy for You?
YES! Many store-bought granola recipes are made up of a combination of healthy and not-so-healthy ingredients. Which is why it’s important and so much better for you to make it homemade. That way you can control exactly what goes into the granola.
How to make Homemade Chocolate Chip Granola
This is a pretty basic recipe and you can add pretty much anything after the granola has cooked and cooled that your family loves. I love adding mini chocolate chips and dried fruit. This homemade granola recipe is really easy and delicious. I know your family will enjoy it and you’ll enjoy knowing you’re saving money by making it at home!
- 4 cups oats – not instant
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips – added after the granola has cooked and cooled.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil, honey, syrup and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, pecans, coconut, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the warmed oil, honey, syrup and vanilla on top and stir to combine.
- Spread onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes stirring every ten minutes.
- Set your timer so you don’t forget to stir or the granola will burn.
- Once the granola has cooled, stir in the mini chocolate chips or dried fruit.
How to Store Homemade Granola
- Once the granola has cooled, you can store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
- I like to store my homemade granola in mason jars. They work great at keeping everything fresh and look great in my pantry.
- You can also freeze the granola in a freezer-safe container or freezer-safe bag for up to 4 months.
Chocolate Chip Granola Recipe is easy to make and has coconut, pecans and maple syrup for added sweetness. Enjoy on top of yogurt for breakfast or snack.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.