The perfect recipe to make for brunch when company is coming is my Spinach Bacon Cheese Frittata. Filled with eggs, sauted spinach, bacon, sliced tomatoes and plenty of cheese, this breakfast recipe is even fun to make for dinner on a busy weeknight.
Check out my list of other breakfast ideas for recipes to help you start your day!
Today I'm sharing with you a recipe that can served for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It's really up to you. A few weeks ago I made the most amazing Spinach Bacon Cheese Frittata and I can't wait to share this easy recipe with you.
Table of Contents
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
What Exactly is a Fritatta?
A fritatta an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette, crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, with added ingredients like meats, cheese and vegetables. They're a great recipe to serve for brunch or special holiday breakfast.
Tips for Making a Delicious Fritatta
You need to use the right type of pan. I really believe you need a cast iron pan to make a good fritatta or at least some other type of skillet that can also be used in the oven.
You can use a stainless steel pan as well, but make sure you add extra oil or butter to the pan so the eggs don't stick.
- Make sure you cook the vegetables before adding the eggs.
- Once you add the eggs, make sure you only continue to cook the frittata on top of the stove for a minute or two. Quickly move the pan to the oven to finish the cooking process.
- Cook the frittata in the oven just until the center is no longer jiggly and the edges are golden-brown.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
If you've never cooked with cast iron before, make sure you read my post on all you need to know about cleaning and caring for cast iron pans.
Main Ingredients Needed
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- Salt and Pepper
- Bacon; diced
- Onion; chopped
- Grape tomatoes; sliced
- Fresh spinach
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped chives for garnish; optional
Step 1 | Saute the Spinach
- Saute the bacon in an oven-safe pan. Once fully cooked, remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the onions to the same pan and cook until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and the spinach and cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
Step 2 | Saute the Bacon
- Add the bacon back to the pan and stir to combine.
Step 3 | Add the Eggs and Bake
- Now add the eggs and cheese into the pan.
- Stir to combine and then place in the preheated oven immediately.
- Cook until the eggs do not jiggle in the middle; about 10 to 15 minutes.
How do you know a Frittata is Cooked?
- When the frittata comes out of the oven it will be "puffy" if that's the right word.
- This really only lasts for a few minutes.
- It will deflate but that's normal.
What to serve with a Frittata?
If you're planning on serving this for brunch, you could add one of the following side dishes to make this a meal:
- Tossed Salad with Homemade Italian Salad Dressing
- Cucumber Salad - my Oma Behr's recipe with homemade sour cream dressing.
- Homemade Biscuits
- Tomato Tarts Puff Pastry Appetizer
Or if you wanted something sweet, any one of my Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes would be perfect.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped chives for garnish; optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven-safe pan, cook the bacon. Once it's fully cooked, remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for a few minutes or until they're translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach. Cook for another few minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the bacon back to the pan and stir until everything is combined.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the egg mixture along with the cheddar cheese to the pan.
- Stir everything together and immediately place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs do not jiggle in the middle.
- Garnish with the chopped chives if desired.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.