Cheesy Mummy Quesadillas - flour tortillas filled with ranch salad dressing and cheddar cheese are a fun recipe to serve kids and big kids before heading out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Let me show you how to make Halloween fun for the whole family this year.
Sometimes it can be hard to get dinner on the table with the excitement of trick-or-treating and Halloween. That's why these Cheesy Mummy Quesadillas are perfect for the craziness of Halloween.
They're ready in under 30 minutes. AND they're fun! What kid wouldn't love to eat something yummy that also looks a little scary? Even big kids, mom and dad, will enjoy these.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Flour Tortillas
- Ranch salad dressing - you can try my homemade recipe or use your favorite bottled brand.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black olives
- White cheddar cheese
Step 1: Cut out the Tortilla Circles
Using a large disc cutter, cut circles out of flour tortillas. You can also place a small plate on top of the flour tortilla and using a sharp knife cut the tortilla.
Cut out as many circles as you need for dinner and lay them on a cutting board. Using another flour tortilla, cut strips that will form the "bandages" for the mummies.
Step 2: Add the Cheese
Spread ranch dressing on the flour tortillas followed by shredded cheddar cheese. Add the strips in a fun pattern to the top of the cheese.
Step 3: Baking Instructions
Place the quesadillas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven alongside the chicken. Bake until the cheese begins to melt and the tops of the quesadillas are slightly browned.
Step 4: Make the Fun Eyes
While the quesadillas are baking, make the eyes for the mummies. Using a frosting tip, cut out small circles in the white cheddar cheese. Next place a sliced black olive on top and you have eyes!
As soon as the quesadillas come out of the oven place the "eyes" of cheese and black olives on top. The heat from the quesadillas will help melt the cheddar cheese just enough so it sticks to the top of the mummy face.
- 8 medium sized flour tortillas
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 6 black olives
- 3 slices White cheddar cheese
- Using a large disc cutter, cut circles out of 6 of the flour tortillas. You can also place a small plate on top of the flour tortilla and using a sharp knife cut the tortilla.
- Cut out 6 circles to make 3 quesadilla sandwiches.
- Using the other 2 flour tortillas, cut strips that will form the "bandages" for the mummies.
- Spread the ranch dressing on the bottom of 3 flour tortillas.
- Then evenly distribute the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the ranch dressing.
- Cover each tortilla circle with another tortilla circle to form a sandwich; pressing slightly.
- Add the tortille strips in a fun pattern to the top of the cheese.
- Place the quesadillas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
- Bake until the cheese begins to melt and the tops of the quesadillas are slightly browned.
Serve the cheesy mummy quesadillas with extra ranch dressing for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1253mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!