Homemade Whipped Cream is so easy to make, you’ll never purchase it from a can or tub again! Here’s an easy recipe for you to follow along with tips and ways to make flavored whipped cream. This post has been updated since it originally appeared on my site in 2017. I’ve added a few new tips along with a new printable recipe card making it even easier for you to make homemade whipped cream for your family!
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream
For this week’s tip, I thought we would discuss how to make homemade whipped cream. I really love and think nothing compares to it; especially when you compare it to the stuff that comes in a can or a tub. Although I have been known to use those for recipes here on the blog.
There are so many yummy treats you can use homemade whipped cream for. It’s not just for desserts any longer! You can put a dollop of whipped cream on top of your favorite flavored coffee. How about treating your kids to homemade waffles with fresh whipped cream on top for the weekend?
Tools Needed for Making Homemade Whipped Cream
- Kitchen Aid Mixer – really any good high speed electric mixer will work, but I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Hand-held Whipped Cream Maker – this is a really cool tool. I have one very similar and it works really great.
- Good Quality Whisk
When company is coming or I need a good quantity of whipped cream, I use my Kitchen Aid Mixer. But I recently purchased this EASY whipped cream maker that is amazing. My husband loves it so much he makes homemade whipped cream at least once a week for snacks.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Make sure you check out the PRINTABLE Recipe Card at the bottom of the post!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the bowl and beaters in the freezer or refrigerator until they are cold. Once they are cold, place the heavy whipping cream and the sugar in the bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment for your mixer, or using a hand mixer, begin to whisk the heavy cream and sugar just until it reaches soft peaks.
- Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover whipped cream in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
How to Make Flavored Whipped Cream
My new favorite treat is flavored whipped cream. Recently, I made chocolate whipped cream and it was so delicious. The possibilities are endless as to what you can add into the cream while it’s whipping. Here are just a few flavors:
- Chocolate Flavored Whipped Cream – add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar to 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Cinnamon Flavored Whipped Cream – add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Peppermint Flavored Whipped Cream – add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- Almond Flavored Whipped Cream – add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar to 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
Tips for Making Homemade Whipped Cream
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 15 minutes before you begin whisking the heavy cream.
- You want everything to be as cold as possible. This will help the cream to whip quickly and to increase volume.
- Make sure the bowl and whisk attachment are clean. Any leftover oils will cause your heavy cream not to whip properly.
- Be careful not to over-whip your cream. You want soft peaks, not butter.
- You can flavor your whipped cream with different flavorings, such as extracts, liqueurs, coca powder or spices.
- Add the flavorings or spices in with the sugar before you begin whipping.
- Leftover whipped cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. It will lose volume, but you can quickly whip it back up with a wire whisk.
Enjoy a little whipped cream on top of homemade waffles. Aunt Betty's recipe for pound cake tastes even better with a scoop of homemade whipped cream. Homemade whipped cream completes this recipe for cheesecake pudding. So cute to serve these pudding desserts topped with whipped cream in mason jars. Perfect for summer entertaining. My favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream made into a soda. Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream with fresh whipped cream.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g
Enjoy a little whipped cream on top of homemade waffles.Continue Reading
Aunt Betty's recipe for pound cake tastes even better with a scoop of homemade whipped cream.Continue Reading
Homemade whipped cream completes this recipe for cheesecake pudding.Continue Reading
So cute to serve these pudding desserts topped with whipped cream in mason jars. Perfect for summer entertaining.Continue Reading
My favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream made into a soda.Continue Reading
Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream with fresh whipped cream.Continue Reading
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.