Once the Halloween celebrations are over and the last piece of candy has been eaten, you may be wondering what to do with all of your leftover Halloween candy.
If you're looking for a creative way to use up your extra sweets, here are 15 different recipes that would be a good way to use up the leftovers from trick-or-treating.
Whatever you decide to do with your candy, be sure to enjoy it while it lasts!
Check out all the other Halloween Themed Recipes for more delicious ideas!
We live in a neighborhood that receives a lot of visitors every year for Halloween. Our neighborhood is one of a few in our community where you can safely trick-or-treat without a ton of traffic.
But if you don't live in a popular area for trick-or-treaters? Besides the obvious, what do you do with leftover Halloween candy?
Table of Contents
💭Leftover Halloween candy recipes
Most of the time I send any extra candy with my husband to work at the university. The cadets sure do love to stop into the break room and grab something sweet.
A few fun ideas would be turn the candy into another type of dessert. If you're not in the mood for baking any of the recipes below, you can always donate your leftover candy to a local food bank.
💭Halloween candy recipes
Here are a few quick ideas to use leftover candy:
- Chop up some of the candy bars and use them as a topping over your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Mix a few the candy pieces into granola or trail mix.
- The next time you're baking cookies, you can chop up a few candy bars and stir them into the batter.
- Melt down some of the chocolate and use it to dip fresh fruit in as a fun treat.
- How about making a candy bar cake? Simply layer different kinds of candy bars in a cake pan and top with frosting.
💭Can you freeze leftover candy?
- Candy can freeze surprisingly well, so you can save some of your Halloween spoils so they don’t, well, spoil.
- You want to be sure that any candy you freeze is well wrapped to keep ice from building up inside the package.
- Place the wrapped candy inside another freezer safe bag and press to make sure you get all the air out before adding it to the freezer.
- You can also store the leftover candy in an air-tight container.
- Make sure you label the packaging so you know exactly what's inside.
- When you do take the candy out of the freezer, make sure you let it come to room temperature before removing it from the bag and wrappers. This will help prevent moisture from forming on the candy.
- Candy can be frozen for up to six months.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
8-Piece Deep Glass Baking Dish Set with lidsMore InformationStainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons SetMore InformationKitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3, PistachioMore Information
Tried and of these recipes? Let me know in the comments!
📋Featured Recipe Collection
Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes
Here are a few decadent dessert recipes that use leftover Halloween candy. Gather up your favorites and find a recipe you know your family is going to love!
No Bake Halloween Candy Cheesecake Recipe
Turn your favourite no-bake cheesecake recipe into something decadant with extra candy pieces added to the batter and on top.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
These rice krispie treats would be fun to serve during a Halloween party! They're also a great way to use up leftovers.
Butterfinger pie is for peanut butter lovers only. It’s a rich, creamy, and decadent pie that is perfect for those who love that combo of peanut butter and chocolate.
Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
An easy microwave cereal treat bar with cereal and a combination of leftover candy from Halloween.
Twix Cheesecake Pie
Twix candy bars are surrounded by a creamy cheesecake filling, topped with more chopped Twix, and then drizzled with ooey-gooey caramel ice cream topping
These cookies are always a favorite for my family.
Included with this recipe is a really cute gift idea with printable.
Snickers Cupcake Recipe
The perfect recipe to make if you have leftover Halloween candy. It’s easy to make and so delicious!
Mini Peanut Butter Explosion Cheesecakes
Not one, but two types of candies are in these mini cheesecakes!
Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake Brownies
Peanut Butter Snickers Cheesecake Brownies are rich, chocolatey and absolutely sinful. Just the way a brownie should be!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
Use a cookie crust as the base for this candy filled pizza!
Easy to make and so delicious. These cookies are great all year round, but especially when you have leftover packages of M&Ms from Halloween.
You can make them all year long by changing the colors to match the holiday season.
Make some popcorn and then add leftover candy and sprinkles for a delicious treat!
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos, and information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Leave a Reply