Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookies – classic recipe for homemade peanut butter cookies with chocolate kiss candy in the center. This is an easy cookie recipe that’s soft and chewy with a sugary coating topped with everyone’s favorite chocolate candy kiss. Life is too short to say no to a cookie every now and then. Let’s bake my husband’s favorite easy cookie recipe together today.
My family loves peanut butter cookies!
When our daughter, Olivia, was little she loved to help me make this recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms. She loved to roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls into sugar. Every time I made this recipe, Olivia was right there helping me.
If you have little kids at home, get them to help you put this recipe together!
Another fun thing about making this recipe is using heart shaped chocolate candies around Valentine’s Day! You can also use mini peanut butter cups in this recipe. They’re always a huge hit here in our house as well.
You could also make a fun variation of this cookie around the holidays with Peppermint Christmas Cookies. That recipe uses a chocolate sugar cookie dough and then a peppermint candy kiss. Sounds perfect for Christmas, right?
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Cookie Scoops – yes, I do like to use a scoop before rolling the dough into a ball.
- Baking Pans
- Parchment Paper Sheets – this is the kind and brand I love!
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- Peanut butter
- White sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Additional sugar for rolling the cookie balls in.
- Candy kisses
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add both the sugars and mix until blended and smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, milk and vanilla. Next, add them to the stand mixer as well.
Continue to mix until everything is combined. Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl. Once combined, add the flour mixture to the peanut mixture one cup at a time, beating between each addition.
In the meantime, place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
How to Form the Peanut Butter Balls
After the dough has chilled, use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop out dough and form each scoop into a ball. Place the extra white sugar in a small bowl and roll each dough ball in the sugar until coated.
Next, place each coated dough ball onto a baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment baking sheets two inches apart to allow for spreading.
Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, place an unwrapped chocolate kiss candy into the center of each cookie.
Ready for More Cookie Recipes?
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
- Four Different Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter; softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Additional 1/3 cup white sugar for rolling the cookie balls.
- 24 Candy Kisses
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together.
- Add the sugars and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, milk and vanilla and add to the stand mixer.
- Continue to mix until everything is combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Once combined, add the flour mixture to the peanut mixture one cup at a time, beating between each addition.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- After the dough has chilled, use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop out dough and form each scoop into a ball.
- Place the ⅓ cup white sugar in a small bowl and roll each dough ball in the sugar until coated.
- Place each coated dough ball on the prepared baking sheet two inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and puffy.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2012 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!