Christmas is coming and if you are looking for a fun and easy gift to give your friends or family, look no further! This Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Chocolate is perfect.
Not only does it look adorable, but it's also really easy to make. Plus, the recipient can enjoy a hot cup of chocolate while watching a Christmas movie on TV over the holidays.
Don't forget the FREE printable gift tags to make your gift even prettier!
Let me show you how to put this mason jar gift idea together that comes with FREE printable gift tags.
If you're looking for a unique and affordable holiday gift, you need to try putting together a few of these Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Chocolates.
You can find Mason jars almost everywhere these days. They're inexpensive and can be reused over and over again. Simply fill the mason jar with this homemade hot chocolate recipe, add a gift tag and you're all set!
Your friends and family will love receiving a mason jar snack gift or hot chocolate gift that is both personalized and practical. So ditch the store-bought gifts this year and go the DIY route with mason jar gifts!
This recipe was inspired by my Mason Jar Hot Chocolate with Snow Globe Craft published a few years ago.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Mason Jar Mix Recipes? Try my Brownie Mix in a Jar, Mason Jar Hot Chocolate or my Cookie Mason Jar Gifts.
💭Hot chocolate mason jar gift
One year for Christmas, I gave these mason jar hot cocoa gifts to my nieces and nephew. Only I added Amazon gift cards along with the printable gift tags.
That's one way to elevate a simple mason jar gift for the holidays. Teenagers love gift cards or cash for gifts. When you attach them to a fun gift as well, it gives them something to open besides just an envelope.
💭Hot cocoa teacher gift
What do you normally give your children's teachers for Christmas? Wouldn't these Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Chocolate is perfect.
I think these mason jar gifts filled with homemade hot cocoa mix would make great teacher gifts. Especially if you add a fun gift card to the printable tag!
They're sure to be appreciated by those who receive them. So if you're looking for a unique and thoughtful gift that's also easy on the budget, mason jar gifts are the way to go!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
📋Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Pour the sugar into the bottom of each jar. Tap the jar on the table to level the sugar.
- Add the chocolate chips in an even layer over the sugar.
- Pour the cocoa powder over the top of the chocolate chips and lightly tap the jar on the table again to help the powder settle.
- Add the peppermint candy in a row around the edge of the jar.
Step 2 | Seal the Jar
- Finally add the mini marshmallows to the top of the jar.
- Seal the mason jar with the lid that it came with.
- You can use the traditional lids and rings or try these pretty colored lids that are fun for the holidays.
- Print out the free printable gift tag and add it to the jar using pretty ribbon.
Free Printable Gift Tags
Once you download the gift tags, you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own mason jar gift.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags.
- Cut out the gift tags and attach them using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
- When your gift recipient is ready to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, all they need to do is combine the contents of the jar with 2 cups of hot milk stir and enjoy.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Since this is a peppermint hot chocolate recipe, the only thing I would switch out or add to the mason jar would be the type of candies used.
- Crushed Peppermint Candies can be added in place of the whole peppermint candies beneath the mini marshmallows.
- Store the mason jar in the pantry with other dry goods.
- It should last for a few months, however, the mini marshmallows will not last that long. Therefore, you should try to enjoy the hot chocolate within 4 weeks of giving and receiving as a gift.
- You could use Dehydrated Marshmallows in place of mini marshmallows and the mix will last a very long time.
💭Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure you print the gift tags out using card stock.
My Favorite Mason Jars: Perfect for Christmas Snack Mixes! Ideal for sliced fruits and vegetables, pickles, tomato-based juices, and sauces. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, reusable. New and improved sure tight lids.
Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Chocolate
This Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Chocolate is the perfect Christmas gift to give to friends, teachers or family members.
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- Peppermint candies
- Pour the sugar into the bottom of each mason jar. Tap the jar on the table to level the sugar.
- Add the chocolate chips in an even layer over the sugar.
- Pour the cocoa powder over the top of the chocolate chips and lightly tap the jar on the table to help the powder settle.
- Add the peppermint candies in a row around the edge of the jar.
- Fill the top of the jar with mini marshmallows.
- Place the lid on top of the jar.
- Print out the FREE gift tags and cut them out around the border.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the card.
- Tie a piece of ribbon or twine around the top of the jar and thread the end of the ribbon through the hole in the card.
- 'Attach the card to the jar with a bow.
- To prepare the hot chocolate stir the contents of the mason jar with 2 cups of hot milk.
- This recipe will make 2 cups of hot chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply