These festive Oreo Cookies for Halloween are perfect for parties or as a fun treat to hand out to family and friends for trick-or-treating. They're easy to make and only require a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Best of all, they're dipped in delicious melted white chocolate and topped with candy sprinkles, and crushed cookies. Let your kids get creative with the toppings and have fun!
Check out all the other Halloween Themed Recipes for more delicious ideas!
Celebrate Halloween with this easy and delicious treat! Oreo cookie sticks dipped in melted white chocolate and decorated with candy sprinkles and crushed cookies.
They're just one of my Halloween No-Bake Cookie recipes that are not only easy to make, but are ready fast! Oreo cookie pops are the perfect treat for a party, holiday or anytime you want a delicious dessert.
Table of Contents
How to dip Oreo Cookies in Chocolate
Oreo cookies are a classic treat that can be made even better with dipped in melted chocolate. The key to a perfect dipped Oreo is to use good quality chocolate.
White chocolate chips work well, but you can also use dark or milk chocolate. If you're using white chocolate, consider adding some colored sprinkles for an extra special touch.
- To dip the cookies, melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the cookies into the chocolate.
- Gently tap off any excess chocolate and then place the cookie on a piece of wax paper to cool.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, your Oreo cookies are ready to enjoy!
How long do Chocolate Covered Oreos take to dry?
Once the cookies are coated in chocolate, they can be decorated with sprinkles or left plain. The chocolate-covered Oreos will need to set before they can be enjoyed.
This can be done by refrigerating them for about 30 minutes, or by letting them sit at room temperature for several hours. Once the chocolate has set, the cookies can be enjoyed as is, or they can be stored in an airtight container for later.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Step 1: In a microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2: Insert lollipop sticks into the cream center of each sandwich cookie and set aside on parchment paper.
- Step 3: Holding the end of the lollipop sticks, dip the sandwich cookies into the white chocolate taking care to coat completely and evenly.
- Step 4: Allow any excess white chocolate to drip off into the bowl before placing the pop onto the parchment paper to dry.
- Step 5: Immediately top with sprinkles or crushed chocolate cookies and allow to dry until the white chocolate is completely set, then serve
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- It may take up to an hour or so for the white chocolate to set.
- If the white chocolate begins to harden or thicken up after awhile, you can place it back into the microwave and re-melt it in 10-20 second intervals until it returns to a consistency that is easy to work with.
- For best results, insert the lollipop sticks roughly ⅔ or so of the way into the cream center of each cookie to ensure that the pops are stable.
- If needed, use a spoon to help coat all sides of each cookie with the liquid white chocolate.
- Have fun with this recipe! Tint the white chocolate with food coloring, add candy eyeballs to make monsters, or drizzle the dried pops with additional white chocolate to create a wrapped mummy-like effect.
- These pops are great as individual treats for trick-or-treating, Halloween parties, and classroom events!
- Check out my other recipe for
- First, make sure the Oreo pops are completely cooled before storing them. Otherwise, the condensation from the cookies can cause the chocolate to form a sticky film.
- Once the cookie pops are cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If you're worried about the cookies getting stale, you can store them in the fridge, but be sure to take them out of the container and allow them to come to room temperature before eating.
- With proper storage, your Oreo Cookies for Halloween will stay fresh and delicious for days or even weeks!
Top Recipe Tips
- First, start with fresh Oreo cookies. Stale cookies will be harder to coat with chocolate and the chocolate may not adhere as well.
- Second, melt the white chocolate chips slowly and carefully so that they do not get burnt. If the chocolate gets too hot, it will not taste as good and will be more difficult to work with.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 24 Oreo sandwich cookies
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- additional crushed chocolate cookies
- Insert lollipop sticks into the cream center of each sandwich cookie and set aside on parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth and creamy.
- Holding the end of the lollipop sticks, dip the sandwich cookies into the white chocolate, taking care to coat completely and evenly.
- Allow any excess white chocolate to drip off into the bowl before placing the pop onto parchment paper to dry.
- Immediately top with sprinkles or crushed chocolate cookies, and allow to dry until the white chocolate is completely set, then serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.