If you want to kick up the flavor of your chicken or turkey, give this homemade poultry seasoning a go! A classic blend of spices that pair perfectly with any type of poultry or even white meat in general.
This homemade seasoning blend tastes even better than the store-bought kind. It's the perfect combination of sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and nutmeg!
Check out all the other Family Favorite Chicken Recipes for even more delicious recipes you can use with this easy-to-make poultry seasoning.
Poultry seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices used to impart flavor to poultry dishes. Not only can it be used on poultry, but try it on other meat, vegetables, stuffing and even gravy!
Common herbs and spices in poultry seasoning blends include sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry to put together this recipe.
Check out the recipe notes and variations following the step-by-step photos for any possible substitutions or tips on making the recipe your own.
Table of Contents
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Mason Jars,Glass Jars With Lids 12 ozCanning Funnel - Wide Mouth Food Funnels for Kitchen UseMagnetic Measuring Spoons SetTebery 360PCS Minimalist Preprinted Spice Jar Labels, Waterproof Spice Stickers Kitchen Pantry Labels, Organization for Jars Bottles Containers Bins(Black/White)
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
📌Quick Tip: Don't be afraid of the nutmeg! This common ingredient in poultry seasoning is often found in mixtures at the store. If you do decide to omit it, it'll cut out a dynamic flavor component of the seasoning.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- It's ready to use now or you can store it in a sealed jar or air tight container.
- The amount needed to season varies from dish to dish. Start out small and add more as needed.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Adjust the seasoning to your preference! You don't have to use the exact amounts of each ingredient that I listed.
- Check out How to Make Your Own Spice Blends for more seasoning mixes.
- Or you might enjoy homemade Italian Seasoning recipe.
- Store poultry seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place like your cupboard for 2-3 months.
My Favorite Mason Jars: Perfect for storing homemade spices. Ideal for sliced fruits and vegetables, pickles, tomato-based juices, and sauces. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, reusable. New and improved sure tight lids.
Yes, you can use chicken bouillon instead of poultry seasoning. However, you should note that it will not provide the same level of flavor as a blend of herbs and spices. It is best used when combined with other seasonings to achieve a flavorful dish.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 2 tablespoons Sage
- 2 tablespoons Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a small dish and mix well.
- Use immediately or store in a sealed jar or dish in the pantry for up to a month.
- I don't add salt and pepper to my poultry seasoning mixtures because you'll want to add that to taste per each dish. It will vary from meal to meal on how much salt and pepper you might need.
- Don't be afraid of the nutmeg. This is a very common ingredient in many poultry seasoning mixtures you'll find at the store. If you really don't want to add the nutmeg, you don't have to, but it will cut out one of the dynamic flavor components of the seasoning.
- I don't have a specific amount to suggest to use as it varies for me per dish. Just add as much as you need, starting small and working your way up.
- Once you taste the seasoning, adjust the seasoning levels to your preferences. There's no reason you need to stick with the exact amounts I list above.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.