This recipe for Reese's Pieces Halloween Cookies are made with peanut butter and oatmeal in the cookie dough batter...not to mention the peanut butter candy pieces!
Whether you're a die-hard fan of peanut butter or simply love a good oatmeal cookie, this recipe is sure to leave you craving for more!
Grab the FREE printable gift tags at the bottom of the post so you can even give these cookies as gifts for Halloween!
Check out all the other Halloween Themed Recipes for even more fun ideas.
This recipe is perfect for not only Halloween celebrations, but various occasions, such as a relaxing evening at home, a bake sale, or a potluck gathering.
It is sure to please both children and adults with its delightful blend of oatmeal and peanut butter. The oatmeal gives them a chewy texture, with the rich peanut butter flavor, and the delightful surprise of Reese's peanut butter pieces scattered throughout.
You probably have everything you need in your pantry to bake the cookies this weekend!
Table of Contents
- Make sure you cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until they're light and fluffy. Creaming ingredients together incorporates air into the mixture which creates a tender and light texture.
- Beath the butter, peanut butter and sugar on medium-high speed for about 2-3 minutes before adding the dry ingredients.
- This recipe is part oatmeal cookie and peanut butter cookie! It uses old fashioned oats to mimic quick cooking oats, however, you need to is to break them down in the food processor. The old fashioned oats have a stronger oat flavor and provide great texture.
- Allow the baked cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This allows the cookies to set and firm up before enjoying their warm, chewy goodness.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
KitchenAid Cookie Dough Scoop Set, Set Of 3Ghost Salt & Pepper ShakersMystic Sprinkles The Big Game Jimmy Mix 3oz Bottle (Black, Orange & White)300Pcs Halloween Cellophane Bags 6 Cartoon Designs Self-Adhesive Candy Treat Bags
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Use Nutella in place of the peanut butter for a chocolate flavor!
- Mix in a cup of chopped peanuts or pecans.
- Mix in a half cup of chocolate chips.
- Step 1: Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Step 2: Add the old fashioned oats. See recipe card for important tip!
- Step 3: Mix in the butter, egg, and peanut butter then fold in the Reese's Pieces candies.
- Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to form balls of dough and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
📌Quick Tip: Make sure the butter is soft so it mixes in easily to the dough.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 9 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes then remove them to a cooling rack.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Keep leftover cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for a few days.
- You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before freezing the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet until firm. This will take about an hour.
- Once the cookies are firm, transfer them to a zip top freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- You can also freeze the dough by following the same instructions, so you can grab a few dough balls out when you're ready to bake a sweet treat.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Use a cookie scoop to have uniform sized cookies.
- Check out my free cookie scoop printable to help you determine the best sized scoop for the job.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
You can! In fact, a way to get old fashioned oats to mimic quick cooking oats is to blitz them in the food processor like we do in the recipe. The old fashioned oats have a stronger oat flavor and provide great texture.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Homemade Halloween Cookies.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Reese's Pieces Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pulverized old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces Reese's Pieces peanut butter candies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Add half a cup of old fashioned oats to a food processor and pulse until fine and crumbly. Add into the flour mixture.
- Add butter, egg, and peanut butter and mix until well combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Mix in the Reese's Pieces candies.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop to form balls and place them 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet that's been prepared with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let rest on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Use a cookie scoop for uniform sized cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.