Made with yellow, red, orange and black colored sprinkles, these Homemade Halloween Cookies are perfectly crisp on the outside while chewy on the inside.
The cookies are rolled into balls and then dipped in a rainbow of colored sprinkles in the eerie hues of orange, black, and ghostly white.
They're the perfect treat to bake for school parties or as an after school dessert.
Check out all the other Halloween Themed Recipes for even more fun ideas.
A batch of delightful Halloween cookies that are as eye-catching as they are scrumptious.
Whether you're hosting a haunted gathering or simply craving a sweet treat, these homemade Halloween cookies will surely cast a spell on your taste buds.
Table of Contents
- Make sure the butter is softened so it creams well with the sugar.
- When rolling the dough into balls, try to make them as even in size as possible. This will ensure that the cookies bake uniformly and avoid some cookies being overcooked while others are undercooked.
- Before baking, you can gently press down on the top of each cookie ball to flatten it slightly. This will give the cookies a more uniform shape and texture.
- To maintain soft cookies, it is important to remove them from the oven before they begin to brown on the edges.
- Remember all ovens bake different and oven temps can vary. I suggest bake according to the recipe and then increase or decrease the time after you bake the first tray.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
KitchenAid Cookie Dough Scoop Set, Set Of 3Ghost Salt & Pepper ShakersMystic Sprinkles The Big Game Jimmy Mix 3oz Bottle (Black, Orange & White)300Pcs Halloween Cellophane Bags 6 Cartoon Designs Self-Adhesive Candy Treat Bags
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- For this recipe I used unsalted butter, but you can use salted if you prefer. It shouldn't make too much of a difference.
- This recipe can be adapted to any season, holiday or occasion simply by switching up the color sprinkles you use.
- You could even use googly eye sprinkles for an even "scarier" cookie!
- If you wanted to, you could add a little food coloring to the dough to tint the cookies!
- Step 1: Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Step 2: Mix in the whole eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 3: Add in the flour and mix until well combined.
- Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into balls. Roll the dough balls in the bowl of sprinkles covering all the sides. Slightly flatten on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven, just until the edges are slightly browned, and the centers are soft and chewy.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- You can store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
- Make sure the container is sealed tightly to maintain freshness.
- You can also store them in the refrigerator.
- Leftover cookies stored properly should stay fresh for up to a week.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Then place the cooled cookies on a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the cookies on the baking sheet until they're firm, which usually takes about an hour.
- Once the cookies are firm, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Don't forget to label the cookies with the name and date!
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure you use a cookie scoop for uniform sized cookies.
- Check out my FREE cookie scoop printable to help you determine which cookie scoop to use for all your baking needs!
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Jimmies or confetti sprinkles are the best sprinkles to use when baking a funfetti cake or sprinkle cookies, since they hold their shape and color best.
Sprinkles should be put on cookies before baking. By pressing them into the cookie dough prior to baking, the sprinkles become embedded in the cookie and create a colorful and fun appearance.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Oreo Cookies for Halloween.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for No-Bake Halloween Wafer Cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar the cream until smooth.
- Add in the 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, vanilla, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine well, scraping dow the sides and mix again.
- Add in the flour. Mix until the dough balls up and pulls away from the sides. Make sure there are no hidden dry pockets in the bottom of the bowl.
- Use a 2 ounce cookie scoop to form cookies into balls.
- Place the sprinkles in a shallow bowl. Roll the dough balls in the sprinkles until all the sides are covered. Slightly flatten into a disk shape, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes - just until the edges are set and very slightly browned. The cookies should have a soft, chewy center. If you over bake them, they'll be harder and crispier.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Use a cookie scoop for uniform sized cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.