These Reindeer Cookies are made with a sugar cookie mix, pretzels and candy pieces. They're fun Christmas cookies the kids will love to help you bake. I think they would make great gifts to give to teachers and neighbors as well. Make sure you print out the free cookie gift tags below to attach to your gift.
These Reindeer Cookies were inspired by my Reindeer Treats Recipe published on this site recently. It also would be a great addition to any of the Santa's Reindeer Treats from a few years ago.
I wanted to have a few more treats and snacks for Rudolph for my readers to use for their children and grandchildren. It's always fun to get in the kitchen with the kids over the holidays.
Table of Contents
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Mix
- Cocoa powder + additional for rolling
- Butter - softened
- M&M candies - you'll need regular size red for the noses and mini blue for the eyes.
- Pretzels - to use as the ears.
Step 1 | Make the Batter
- Combine the cookie mix with the cocoa powdered, softened butter and egg.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll into a dough and chill for 30 minutes.
Step 2 | Roll out the Dough
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin to about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out the rounds that will form the reindeer face.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 3 | Baking Instructions
- Gently stretch out the rounds to make a slightly oval shape for the face.
- Add two pretzels at the top of the cookies for the antlers.
- Gently press in two blue M&Ms into the dough for eyes and one red M&M for the nose.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- Brownies- use a brownie mix and bake the brownies first in the pan and then use a round cookie cutter, cut out shapes and decorate the brownies to look like Rudolph.
- Decorating Icing - bake the cookies first and then using decorating icing, pipe on the eyes and red nose.
- See my Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe on my website for a slightly different treat to make for Santa.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
- I wouldn't freeze these cookies as it might change the texture of the pretzels and the color of the M&Ms.
- Instead of rolling the sugar cookie dough with regular flour, use cocoa powder.
More Cute Christmas Treats
- 1 package Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Mix; 17.5 ounce size bag
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter; softened
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add cookie mix, cocoa powder, softened butter and egg.
Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until a soft dough is formed.
Roll into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle a little cocoa powder on your work surface. Place dough on top of the cocoa powder. Dust the rolling pin with the cocoa powder.
Roll the dough out to ¼ inch thick.
Cut out cookies with a round cookie cutter. Carefully stretch the cookie rounds to make them a slightly oval shape. Place them on the baking sheets.
Add two pretzels under the top of the cookie for the antlers.
Gently press two blue M&Ms into the dough for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose on each cookie.
Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Repeat until all the cookies have been baked.
Do not overcrowd the baking tray.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.