Grilling is a summertime tradition, and there's no need to stick to burgers and hot dogs. Check out these recipes for delicious summer grilling recipes that will have your guests asking for seconds. From chicken skewers to pizza, there's something for everyone! So fire up the grill and get cooking!
Check out the full list of 4th of July Foods for more festive appetizers, easy desserts and meal ideas.
One of the best things about summer is the chance to fire up the grill and enjoy some delicious outdoor cooking. However, deciding what to cook for a summer barbecue can be a tricky task.
You'll want to choose recipes that are summery and seasonal, but also easy to prepare and grill. To help you narrow down your options, here are a few summer grilling recipes everyone is going to love.
Table of Contents
4th of July Grilling Ideas
The 4th of July is the perfect time to fire up the grill and enjoy summertime eats! There are so many delicious summer grilling recipes to choose from, so it's easy to find something to please everyone at your cookout.
No 4th of July feast would be complete without some juicy burgers or hot dogs! For a fun twist on traditional hamburgers, try topping them with grilled pineapple or BBQ sauce.
Best Grilling Ideas
Grilling is the perfect summer cooking method - it's quick, easy, and can be done outdoors so you don't have to heat up your kitchen. Plus, there's something about grilled food that just tastes better in the summertime especially if you're throwing a backyard barbecue.
If you're looking for some new grilling recipes to try this summer, here are a few of our favorites to help you feed a crowd:
- Grilled Chicken: marinate chicken breasts in your favorite sauce or spice blend, then grill over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Beef Kabobs: Perfect for summer gatherings, these kabobs are made with lean beef, vegetables, and a delicious marinade. Simply thread the beef and veggies onto skewers, grill for 10-15 minutes, and enjoy!
- Vegetables: slice vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers into thin strips, then grill for 5-10 minutes until charred. Serve as a side dish or top with grilled chicken or salmon for a complete meal.
- Fruit Skewers: thread chunks of fruit onto skewers (try pineapple, watermelon, and mango) and grill for 5-10 minutes. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or honey for a sweet summer treat.
Healthy Summer Grilling Recipes
Summer grilling doesn't have to be unhealthy—with a little creativity, you can enjoy all your favorite foods without sacrificing taste or nutrition. If you're looking for some healthier options, there are plenty of great recipes and ideas available to help you stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating habits:
- One option is to grill vegetables instead of meat. Try grilling zucchini, eggplant, or peppers and serve them with a fresh salad.
- You can also try grilling fruit such as peaches or pineapple.
- Another summer grilling recipe that's both healthy and delicious is grilled salmon. Season the salmon with some lemon juice, pepper, and herbs, then grill it for a few minutes per side. Serve it with a simple side of grilled vegetables or a salad for a complete meal.
Check out my full list of 4th of July Healthy Recipes.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos, information and information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!