A warm bacon cheese dip that’s perfect for dipping crackers, pita chips, or crusty fresh baked bread. The perfect appetizer to serve when company is coming or the big game is on and your family is all gathered around the TV cheering on their favorite team.
Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
I have always loved a warm dip. I guess this is why I love this warm bacon cheese dip so much. There’s just something about dipping into gooey melted cheese that is so delicious.
Years ago…many, many years ago, I discovered a recipe for a dip that you bake in a loaf of bread. I’ve made that recipes many times and it always gets tons of compliments. I really need to make that recipe again, take photos and post it here on the blog soon!
This recipe is great for family celebrations but especially for football Sunday or Super Bowl Sunday. I made this recipe for my family while they were watching the Sunday football games recently. Our daughter and son-in-law are huge football fans. We all loved this dip and I know you will too.
Tips for Making a Warm Dip
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so it’s easy to blend.
- You can use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients, but I like to use my food processor.
- Always pre-cook the bacon before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
- I like to use a pie plate to bake this recipe in…actually a quiche dish. But a pie plate works great too.
- Make sure you spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray before adding the dip.
- You can prepare this recipe ahead of time and then 30 minutes before your guests arrive bake it in the oven so it’s bubbly hot when the doorbell rings.
A warm bacon cheese dip that's perfect for dipping your favorite crackers, pita chips, or crusty fresh baked bread. Even veggie sticks taste amazing dipped in this gooey goodness!
- 8 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese; shredded
- 6 - 8 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese and bacon.
Spoon the mixture into a 9 - 10 inch pie plate or quiche plate that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and hot.
Garnish with chopped chives or chopped green onions.
Serve with crackers, pita chips or tortilla chips.
You can combine everything using an electric mixer or I like to use my food processor.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
The Best Salsa Ever...really, you’re going to love this recipe too!