Cheesy Baked Tortellini Recipe - baked to perfection with lots of cheese, this is a family-favorite recipe perfect for your weekly meal plan. Prepare this recipe using either homemade tomato sauce or your favorite brand of jarred sauce. Let me show you how incredibly easy and fast this recipe comes together.
You are going to LOVE today's recipe! Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole is one of the easiest recipes I make that my family absolutely loves. It's also one of the fastest recipes I make for my family. Seriously, this recipe comes together fast without much effort on your part.
I love this recipe because it's even perfect for when you have company coming to dinner. Sometimes a fast recipe isn't always "company approved." I have recipes that I only make for my family and I also have recipes I make when company is coming to dinner.
After you make this recipe, I know you'll agree that you can easily make this casserole and serve it to family and special company.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini - cooked according to the package directions.
- Marinara sauce; about 2 cups - I like to use my homemade tomato sauce, but even your favorite store bought tomato sauce works great.
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and then add the tortellini to the baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Next add the tomato sauce.
Stir gently to combine and then add 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir again to combine and then top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
After all the ingredients have been combined and placed in a casserole dish, bake it for about 20 minutes. I like to turn the broiler on for the last few minutes of baking to give the cheese a nice color.
What side dishes go best with this recipe?
Serve this casserole hot from the oven with a tossed salad and fresh baked garlic bread. My recipe for homemade garlic monkey bread is always a favorite. If you don't have enough time to make the garlic monkey bread, you can make garlic bread using homemade garlic butter recipe.
Can I Add Meat to this Recipe?
If your family loves meat sauce, you can brown up some ground beef to add to the marinara sauce. You can even add browned sausage.
How about making this casserole pizza flavored and add chopped pepperoni and green peppers? As you can see, the possibilities of where you can take this easy dinner recipe are endless!
Need More Easy Dinner Recipes?
- Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil
- Easy Beef Ramen Stir Fry - this is a budget friendly recipe ready in 20 minutes!
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Cutlets Italian Style
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole is the perfect recipe to make on nights you think you're just too busy to cook. Easy, delicious and full of cheese. The whole family is going to love this recipe.
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Add the drained tortellini a baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. and then add the tomato sauce.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Add 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese melts, 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can use your favorite brand of marinara sauce or try my homemade recipe.
- Feel free to stir in cooked ground beef or turkey for a heartier casserole.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 962mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!