Easy Beef Ramen Stir Fry is a quick budget-friendly meal your family is going to love. Let me show you how to make this delicious beef stir fry with homemade sauce that's ready in 20 minutes. You might even want to make it for dinner tonight!
Beef Ramen Stir Fry
This recipe is great for busy nights when you think you're too tired or busy to cook dinner. You'll be surprised at how fast the recipe comes together and how much your family enjoys it. It even heats up nicely if you have any leftovers.
You can definitely substitute the beef for chicken if that's what you have on hand. I like to purchase the beef sirloin already cut into strips from the grocery store. Yes, I know it might be a little more expensive this way, but it really helps getting dinner ready fast.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- Beef sirloin cut into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Cornstarch - the cornstarch acts as a tenderizer for the beef.
- Frozen mixed vegetables - I used broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
- Sliced zucchini - our last one from the garden!
- 1 package of Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet.
Place the beef sirloin strips in a bowl and add the cornstarch.
Toss to combine making sure all the beef is covered as best as possible.
Procedure for using a Cast Iron Pan
This is another recipe that I made using my Cast Iron Pan. I really believe using a cast iron pan in almost all my cooking these days really brings out the flavor in everything.
Clean up is easy too! I follow these instructions that I wrote about in my Cast Iron Cleaning Tips post. My husband didn't believe this crazy tool called a Cast Iron Chainmail Scrapper/Cleaner would work, but they do great in getting the pans looking like new.
Heat the oil in a large cast iron or a heavy duty skillet. Then add the beef and cook until browned; just a few minutes. We're not cooking the beef all the way through at this point.
What Vegetables are Best for a Stir Fry?
This is a personal choice as you want to use vegetables you know your family likes. For this recipe, I chose to use a bag of frozen veggies. Yes, I went for easy! Included in the bag I used was broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I also added about a cup of sliced zucchini and 2 tablespoons of diced jalapeno.
Other vegetables you can use for this stir fry recipe:
- Sugar snap peas
- Peppers - try a few different colors!
- Green onion - is always good to garnish the stir fry with too!
- Water chestnuts - you can try the canned variety found in the Chinese aisle of your local grocery store.
Add the vegetables and continue cooking until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Ingredients for Stir Fry Sauce
What makes this recipe so delicious is the sauce! I know you're going to enjoy it as much as we do. It's the perfect accompaniment to the beef and veggies.
- Orange juice
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Corn Starch
Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning! Add salt and pepper if you want. I always think the soy sauce adds enough saltiness for me.
Slowly drizzle the sauce on top of the beef and vegetable mixture. If you are making this ahead of time, reserve about ¼ cup of the sauce to use when you're reheating the beef stir fry.
What Can I use in Place of Ramen Noodles?
What if you really don't want to use Ramen noodles? Easy! You can definitely use pasta. Angel hair or spaghetti pasta will work great in this recipe.
I also did a little research and found you can purchase Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet and no MSG. Another few ideas to use in place of traditional Ramen noodles are Soba Noodles or Japanese Udon Noodles.
Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine.
This delicious beef stir fry with homemade sauce is ready in 20 minutes. It's perfect for dinner tonight!
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
- Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil
- Chicken Cutlets Italian Style is my family's favorite chicken recipe. You can use this recipe to make Chicken Parmesan as well.
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken - all you need for this recipe is two ingredients and your crock pot!
- Chicken Marsala
Ingredients for the Stir Fry
- 1 pound beef sirloin, boneless steak
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeno
Ingredients for the Sauce
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Trim and slice the beef into strips or bite-sized pieces. Place the beef in a bowl and add the cornstarch and toss to combine.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add the beef and cook until browned; about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Next add the frozen mixed vegetables and the sliced zucchini.
- Continue cooking until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the sauce and allow it to cook in the pan with the beef and vegetables until it thickens slightly.
- Cook the Ramen noodles according to the package directions only do NOT add the seasoning packet.
- Once the noodles are cooked and drained, add them to the beef and vegetable mixture. Toss to combine everything making sure the sauce is getting on the noodles as well.
- Serve immediately.
Make sure you don't use the seasoning packet that comes with the package of noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 1006mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 50g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.