Christmas Terrariums are an easy and beautiful way to decorate for the holiday season and all winter long!
Sometimes the easiest decorating projects come from things you already have around the house. Mason jar terrariums are an easy way to bring Christmas into your house without spending a lot of money. They're also a nice way to decorate all winter long!
Today I'm sharing with you Easy Christmas Terrariums that you can make for your home this season. Maybe you even have some of these items in your house already!
Decorating with Mason Jars
Here's what our Christmas table looked like last year. I love everything about this. When I took the photo I was a little upset because I couldn't get a blog post done in time to share the photo, but time goes quickly and here we are again getting ready for Christmas.
Tips for Making Christmas Terrariums
- Before purchasing any of the little figurines or even trees, take a look through your Christmas ornaments. You might be surprised with what you find that would work great in a Christmas terrarium.
- I made a few terrariums one year using old mason canning jars. If you don't have any mason jars, old glass jars or candle holders work great too. It's time to get creative!
- Fake snow is easy to use if you can find it. I had a hard time finding it one year so I used epsom salt. It worked great!
- If you can't find everything you need to make your own terrariums, most of the time you can purchase items at your local dollar store or craft store.
- You can even purchase items online! Here's a few ideas I found on Amazon. The great thing about shopping online with Amazon is delivery is FAST!
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Christmas Terrariums Decorating Ideas
Sometimes the easiest decorating projects come from things you already have around the house. Christmas terrariums are an easy way to bring Christmas into your house without spending a lot of money.
Easy tips on creating your own terrariums to give as gifts.
Let It Snow!
I love the use of twinkle lights hidden in the "snow" in the jars!
Follow these easy tips to create terrariums using items you have on hand.
Christmas by A Prairie Market
My favorite display is using antique Ball jars.
A Little Bit of Sparkly Snow
The easiest of projects just some epsom salt poured my vintage jars and then added some bottle brush trees, deer and a Christmas house too.
Mason Jar Salt and Pepper Shaker Christmas Snow Globes
Turn ordinary salt and pepper jars into something beautiful to help decorate your table!
DIY Mason Jar Ornaments
Easy way to make a glass jar into a hanging ornament.
Use the tearrariums down the center of your table to create a beautiful centerpiece.
Mason Jar Snow Globes & Terrariums Tutorial
Using antique mason jars.
Miniature Couple in a Jar
Painting the top of the jar helps it to stand out in the Christmas tree.
You can find the Christmas trees at most craft stores. Look for the ceramic antique deer on Etsy.
More Easy Christmas Ideas you Might Enjoy:
- Simmering Potpourri with Printable Gift Tags
- Christmas Red Truck Printables and Gift Tags
- Setting the Table for Christmas on a Budget
Emily @ The Benson Street says
I love these ideas. So cute and festive. Thanks for sharing at the Monday Funday Party. - Emily
So fun! Love these ideas and those bottle brush trees in mason jars!
Artsy VaVa says
Karen Aber Ploransky says
These are adorable!
Love all of these inspirations!
Cathy Carroll says
Every one of these are so darling - I love them all. I have jars left over that would be great to recycle like these. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy
Little Vintage Cottage says
These are all such cute versions! I made some last year for my tree out of baby food jars, tiny trees and teeny-tiny little deer! I love them and they are hanging on my tree again this year!
Lovely collection of ideas!
Dear Lois, I agree. These jars look so pretty and vintage. They really make great decorations. xo Catherine