Christmas Terrariums are an easy and beautiful way to decorate for the holiday season and all winter long!
Sometimes the easiest decorating projects come from things you already have around the house. Mason jar terrariums are an easy way to bring Christmas into your house without spending a lot of money. They’re also a nice way to decorate all winter long!
Today I’m sharing with you Easy Christmas Terrariums that you can make for your home this season. Maybe you even have some of these items in your house already!
Decorating with Mason Jars
Here’s what our Christmas table looked like last year. I love everything about this. When I took the photo I was a little upset because I couldn’t get a blog post done in time to share the photo, but time goes quickly and here we are again getting ready for Christmas.
Tips for Making Christmas Terrariums
- Before purchasing any of the little figurines or even trees, take a look through your Christmas ornaments. You might be surprised with what you find that would work great in a Christmas terrarium.
- I made a few terrariums one year using old mason canning jars. If you don’t have any mason jars, old glass jars or candle holders work great too. It’s time to get creative!
- Fake snow is easy to use if you can find it. I had a hard time finding it one year so I used epsom salt. It worked great!
- If you can’t find everything you need to make your own terrariums, most of the time you can purchase items at your local dollar store or craft store.
- You can even purchase items online! Here’s a few ideas I found on Amazon. The great thing about shopping online with Amazon is delivery is FAST!
Easy tips on creating your own terrariums to give as gifts.
I love the use of twinkle lights hidden in the "snow" in the jars!
Follow these easy tips to create terrariums using items you have on hand.
My favorite display is using antique Ball jars.
The easiest of projects just some epsom salt poured my vintage jars and then added some bottle brush trees, deer and a Christmas house too.
Turn ordinary salt and pepper jars into something beautiful to help decorate your table!
Easy way to make a glass jar into a hanging ornament.
Use the tearrariums down the center of your table to create a beautiful centerpiece.
Using antique mason jars.
Painting the top of the jar helps it to stand out in the Christmas tree.
You can find the Christmas trees at most craft stores. Look for the ceramic antique deer on Etsy.
More Easy Christmas Ideas you Might Enjoy:
- Simmering Potpourri with Printable Gift Tags
- Christmas Red Truck Printables and Gift Tags
- Setting the Table for Christmas on a Budget