Look no further than these delicious summer salads that are perfect on their own as a meal. When it's too hot to cook, enjoy a recipe that doesn't require you to turn on the oven. These recipes are great for church potluck dinners, summer barbecues or a great side dish to any of our Family Favorite Chicken Recipes. Get ready to be wowed, because you are going to love these recipes!
Delicious summer salads are the perfect way to celebrate the bounty of the garden! Even if you don't personally have a vegetable garden, most of us have access to farmer's markets or fresh produce from a grocery store.
One of my family's favorite summer salads is my Oma Behr's German Cucumber Salad. It's pretty good all year round, but it's amazing with cucumbers fresh from the garden or a farmer's market.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Recipes to Serve with Summer Salads
- 30 Minute Caprese Chicken Recipe - This is a unstuffed caprese chicken recipe that's ready in 30 minutes. Fresh tomato salad and mozzarella cheese on top of breaded chicken cutlets.
- If you're looking for a boneless chicken recipe made in the skillet, try Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breasts.
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches - Need to get dinner on the table fast? Try this recipe for Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
Tried any of these recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Food Safety Tips
Please keep the following Food Safety Tips in mind when preparing and serving salads during the summer.
- If you are including any type of cooked protein to a salad, please make sure it is cooked to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods; especially if the salad dressing base is mayonnaise.
- The best way to serve a mayonnaise based salad is in a bowl on top of ice. Amazon sells some great ones that you can find in my Kitchen Tools Shop.
- Refrigerate all leftovers properly stored in air-tight containers.
This post has been updated since it first appeared in 2018 with new photos, along with safety information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!