Summer is in full swing and so are the summer barbecue parties. Today I’m sharing with you a great creamy pasta salad recipe that you can make for your next family get together.
My sister created this creamy pasta salad recipe a few years ago. My mother makes it quite often for her senior’s group at church and I make it for family and friends. My hubby loves this salad and will often take the leftovers with him to work for lunch.
Creamy Pasta Salad
This recipe is so easy and everyone loves it! You can add whatever you like to the salad. I sometimes like to take advantage of the “olive bar” at our local grocery store…which is what I did last week when I made the salad. They have an amazing assortment of olives and marinated peppers.
I also grabbed a small container of fresh mozzarella to throw into the salad as well. Yummy!
For the salad dressing, the original recipe calls for a bottle of Caesar Salad Dressing plus one cup of mayonnaise. I have also used a bottle of Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing and it comes out just as good. My favorite brand of bottled dressing is Ken’s.
How to Make Creamy Pasta Salad
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
For the Salad:
- 1 – 16 ounce size box of Farfalle pasta; cooked and drained.
- 1 – 6 ounce size jar green olives; drained
- 1 – 6 ounce size can black pitted olives; drained
- 1 – 4 ounce size jar pimentos; drained
- 1 – 16 ounce size can of chick peas; drained
- 1 cucumber; diced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese; cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 – 16 ounce size jar Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine the cooked pasta with all the remaining ingredients and fresh herbs; except the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the dressing and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the Parmesan cheese right before serving.
More Easy and Delicious Salad Recipes:
This salad is best served after it's had time to chill in the refrigerator for about two hours. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
For the Dressing
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 1037mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
This salad is best served after it's had time to chill in the refrigerator for about two hours.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.