If you're looking for a sweet treat, try this recipe for Homemade Chocolate Brownies made with white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in the batter!
Creamy without being too sweet, decadent yet perfectly balanced, each bite is sure to be a little bit of heaven. Best of all - they don't take long to make!
Check out all the other easy dessert recipe ideas for even more delicious recipes.
Whether you're treating yourself or delighting loved ones, these irresistible brownies are sure to please everyone. They're the perfect dessert to make when entertaining or to send to school in your child's lunchbox!
This recipe was inspired by other Homemade Brownies with Coffee Recipe that has the perfect blend of chocolate and coffee in the batter to make a rich, decadent brownie.
Table of Contents
- Mix the ingredients until just combined. Overmixing can lead to dense and tough brownies. A few lumps in the batter are perfectly fine.
- Choose the correct pan size as mentioned in the recipe below. Using a smaller pan will result in thicker brownies, while a larger pan may yield thinner ones. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Keep a close eye on the brownies while they're baking. They should be slightly undercooked in the center when you remove them from the oven. They will continue to cook as they cool down, resulting in fudgy and moist brownies.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting into them. This will help them set and hold their shape.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
DOWAN Mixing Bowls, Ceramic Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Colorful Vibrant Nesting Bowls for Cooking, Baking, Prepping, Serving, Salad, Housewarming Gift, Microwave Dishwasher Safe, 3.7/2/1 Qt, Set of 3Ceramic Sugar and Creamer Set, Milk Carton Shaped White Cream Jug and Sugar Bowl with lidWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Square Baking Pan with Lid, Set of 2Beasea Brownie Pan with Dividers, 2 Set All Edges Square Cupcake Brownie Pans 12 Mini Cavity Non Stick Baking Carbon Steel Bread Mold Small Edge 3x4 Individual Cutter Sheet Tray for Cake Cookie Oven
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Amp up the chocolate flavor by adding 2 teaspoons of instant coffee or espresso powder.
- Add in ¾ cup of chopped pecans or walnuts!
- Step 1: Combine melted butter, sugar, and salt.
- Step 2: Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, then mix in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Step 3: Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 4: Pour the batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes with just a few crumbs when inserted into the middle.
📌Quick Tip: Don't over bake the brownies! They will continue to cook as they cool on the wire rack.
- Let the brownies cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Store your homemade brownies in an air-tight container or covered with plastic wrap or foil for about 4 days at room temperature.
- After the brownies have completely cooled, wrap each in plastic wrap then place into a zip top freezer bag or air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Air-Tight Storage Containers: these air-tight storage containers that help keep food fresh for longer. Use them to store fresh baked goods, cookies, fruit and vegetables, left overs, and more. The silicone lids lock to close to ensure an air tight seal. The stackable, multi-size design makes these containers easy to store. They're perfectly sized for the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Use room temperature eggs so they mix into the batter easily.
- Don't over bake the brownies! They will continue to cook as they cool on the wire rack.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting so they stay together better. The longer they set, the better they'll taste!
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Use a metal pan for an evenly baked brownie! The metal pan conducts heat quickly and consistently, unlike a glass or ceramic dish.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Nutella Brownies.
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (I mixed semi-sweet and white morsels)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare a square 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds, or just a little longer, until all the butter is melted.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir with a spatula. Don't overmix.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and make sure it is spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You can also do the toothpick test to check for doneness to see if the center comes back with a few crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool off on a wire cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- Cut in 9 squares and serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.