Fudge chocolate brownies with a layer of creamy peanut butter make a delicious treat for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers in your life! Let me show you how easy it is to make these Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies.
Chocolate and peanut butter just seem to belong together, right?
Let’s take brownies up a notch by adding a layer of creamy peanut butter in the middle. You really can’t go wrong with a plate of homemade brownies. It’s a dessert everyone seems to enjoy…young and old alike!
My son, Michael, has loved brownies since he was a little boy. As a matter fact, he loves them so much that my mom always bakes them for him when he’s coming home for a visit. She’s even baked brownies for us to take to him when we make the drive to Virginia to visit.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
Ingredients for the Chocolate Layer:
- Melted butter
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Layer:
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Melted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking powder
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate layer in a large mixing bowl, adding in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt last. Lightly fold in the flour and cocoa powder until just mixed. (Do not over mix or the brownies will turn out cake-like).
Now we need to make the peanut butter layer. Mix the ingredients for the peanut butter brownie layer, again saving the flour, baking powder and salt for last and stirring until just mixed.
How to Create the Brownie Layers
Once you have your pan ready to go, spread the peanut butter brownie layer on the bottom of the pan and top it with the chocolate brownie layer, spreading the batter for both layers out evenly.
How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Bake for 22 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Brownies will still be soft and gooey, but will finish setting while they cool.
Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes. Gently lift the brownies out of the pan by pulling up on the parchment paper overhang. Place the brownies on a cooling rack to cool for another 30 minutes before slicing.
Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies into nine even squares.
Tips for Baking Homemade Brownies
- Use room temperature eggs. The batter will not come together as easily if you use eggs straight from the refrigerator. Try to let the eggs sit out on the counter for at least 30 minutes before starting to prepare the batter.
- Cutting the brownies too soon after baking is a big no-no. Let them cool completely in the baking pan before removing them with the parchment paper. Allow the brownies to cool for an additional 30 minutes or so before slicing.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the brownies, but what I find works even better is a plastic knife! You’ll get beautiful “crumb-free” slices of brownies!
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – made with a cake mix
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream– try some on top of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies!
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. How to Bake the Brownies: As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peanut Butter Layer
Prepare the Chocolate Brownie Layer:
Prepare the Peanut Butter Layer:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
How to Bake the Brownies:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.