Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft, chewy and full of two different kinds of chocolate chips. are sure to please the chocolate lovers in your life. Let me show one of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Celebration that actually uses instant coffee as an ingredient.
Today I’m sharing an easy cookie recipe that’s really perfect all year long; not just during the holiday season.
Double chocolate chip cookies with white chocolate chips are soft, almost like a brownie with two types of chocolate chips…semi-sweet and white chocolate.
There’s also a little surprise flavor in the cookies…coffee. However, you don’t need to worry that these cookies taste like coffee! You won’t even be able to detect it’s “coffee” you’re tasting.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- 1 stick unsalted butter – melted
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
- Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips,
- White Chocolate Chips
Baking Tip: The instant coffee granules help bring out the richness in the chocolate and enhances the flavor of the cookie.
In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, instant coffee granules and salt and mix until well combined.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
Mix in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto your baking trays about 2 inches apart. The dough will NOT spread so if you prefer a pretty, round and flatter cookie then roll it in your hands and press it down before baking.
Otherwise, the cookies will have more of a drop appearance. Top with a few extra chocolate chips for a pretty look if you want.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure you don’t over bake. The first sheet took 9 minutes and the second only took 8 minutes for me. Cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
How to Store Homemade Cookies
- Once the cookies are baked and cooled, they can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3 days.
- Use Parchment Baking Sheets between the layers of cookies in the air-tight container.
How to Freeze Homemade Cookies
- You can easily freeze this recipe! Place scoops of the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer to flash freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Next, place the frozen cookie dough balls in a container or plastic bag until ready to bake.
- Cookie dough balls can be frozen for up to three months.
Ready for More Christmas Cookie Recipes?
These cookie recipes will be great for hosting a cookie exchange, give away cookies as gifts or just bake for your own family. Check out my Amazon Christmas Shop for ideas on how to package food gifts.
- Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- Cranberry Pecan Filled Cookies
- Christmas Chocolate Chip Kiss Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies – my favorite cookies all year long!
- Heart Shaped Short Bread Cookies
- Slice and Bake Colorful Swirl Cookies
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate it!
- 1 stick unsalted butter - melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, instant coffee granules and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy. Mix in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto your cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. The dough will NOT spread so if you prefer a pretty, round and flatter cookie then roll it in your hands and press it down before baking. Otherwise, the cookies will have more of a drop appearance.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips for a pretty look (optional)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure you don’t over bake.
- Cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
If you do choose to add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies before baking to make them look pretty, you'll need approximately an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.