Soft, chewy and full of two kinds of chocolate chips! These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are sure to please the chocolate lovers in your life. Let me show you how easy this recipe is to make and give as gifts this holiday season.
12 Days of Christmas Cookies
I hope you’re enjoying the new Christmas cookie recipes I’m sharing with you. Day #11 continues with Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are best served with a cold glass of milk!
Let’s take a look at the other cookies I’ve shared so far this week:
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- Slice and Bake Cookies with Sprinkles
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies
- Slice and Bake Shortbread Cookies
- Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies
- Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
Make sure you enter the KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway at the bottom of this post. Also, don’t forget the $175 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway here to enter as well. There’s only a few more days left in both contests!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? These double chocolate chip cookies are soft, almost like a brownie with two types of chocolate chips…semi-sweet and white chocolate.
There’s also a little surprise flavor in the cookies…coffee. However, you don’t need to worry that these cookies taste like coffee! You won’t even be able to detect it’s “coffee” you’re tasting.
The instant coffee granules help bring out the richness in the chocolate making these cookies extra delicious. In other words, the coffee enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- 1 stick unsalted butter – melted
- Light brown sugar, 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar, 1/2 cup
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract, 2 tsp.
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Instant Coffee Granules
- Semi Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, 3/ 4 cup
- White Chocolate Chips, 3/4 cup
How to Combine the Wet Ingredients
In a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, instant coffee granules and salt and mix until well combined.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy.
How to Combine the Dry Ingredients
Mix in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
How to Bake the Cookies
Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto your baking trays about 2 inches apart. The dough will NOT spread so if you prefer a pretty, round and flatter cookie then roll it in your hands and press it down before baking.
Otherwise, the cookies will have more of a drop appearance. Top with a few extra chocolate chips for a pretty look if you want.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure you don’t over bake. The first sheet took 9 minutes and the second only took 8 minutes for me. Cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
How to Store Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Once the cookies are baked and cooled, they can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3 days.
- Use Parchment Baking Sheets between the layers of cookies in the air-tight container.
- You can easily freeze this recipe! Place scoops of the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Then place the baking sheet in the freezer to flash freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Next, place the frozen cookie dough balls in a container or plastic bag until ready to bake.
- Cookie dough balls can be frozen for up to three months.
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES
Make sure you check out these other Christmas Cookies featured for Day #5 from a few of my foodie friends joining in on the celebration.
- Flour On My Face: Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- Walking on Sunshine Recipes: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – this recipe
- Glenda Embree: Cranberry Pecan Filled Cookies
- Fat Dad Foodie: Christmas Chocolate Chip Kiss Cookies
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
TAG @LOIS_WALKINGONSUNSHINERECIPES ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #WALKINGONSUNSHINERECIPES
If you do choose to add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies before baking to make them look pretty, you'll need approximately an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 61mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
If you do choose to add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies before baking to make them look pretty, you'll need approximately an additional 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ENTER THE 12 Days of Christmas Cookies KITCHENAID MIXER GIVEAWAY
Official Rules and Conditions for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway: One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $279.00 USD). Open to US residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. This Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered via Amazon. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends December 12th, 2019 at midnight. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize. Enter using the widget below: