Leftover Chicken Recipes Meal Plan will help you get dinner on the table this week. As with all our weekly meal plans, printable menus, grocery lists are included below. Let’s talk about this week’s meal plan!
Recipes that use leftover chicken is probably one of the most asked questions in my email and comment section on the blog. But what can you do with it to make it taste new and not like leftovers?
Leftover Chicken Recipes Meal Plan is featured this week and I really think you're going to enjoy these ways to use up that very popular protein. Whether it's soups, salads, pasta or sandwiches, I know you're going to find something delicious to make for your family this week.
So whether you have leftover chicken in your fridge or stop on your way home from work and pick up a rotisserie chicken, these recipes will be a huge help in getting dinner on the table this week.
Make sure you check out my Freezer Meal Planning Tips to further help you customize your family’s dinner.
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday - Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
- Monday - Leftover Chicken Burgers
- Tuesday - Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Wednesday - Skillet Chicken Pot Pie - made with biscuits and not a traditional pie crust.
- Thursday - Chicken Shells Casserole
- Friday - Chicken Soup - my easy recipe that uses leftover chicken.
- Saturday -Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Sunday - Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Great Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
Weekly Meal Plan Printables
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.