Mini Cheesecakes with Fresh Berries are just as delicious as its full-size cheesecake, only cuter! They’re very similar to my Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe only these are topped with blueberries and raspberries! Let me show you how easy it is to make this incredible recipe.
My all-time favorite dessert is cheesecake. It’s rich, creamy and, for the most part, has a buttery graham cracker crust!
I chose to top these mini cheesecakes with fresh blueberries and raspberries. You could also use crushed Oreo cookies as a topping or even chopped up candy pieces.
Mini Cheesecakes with Fresh Berries are the perfect dessert to serve for a party, BBQ or even baby shower. Plus, they look great on a dessert table!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
For the Crust
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Cream cheese; room temperature
- 2 eggs
For the Sour Cream Topping
- Sour cream
For the Fruit Topping
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries
Place the graham crackers in a bowl and combine them with the melted butter and sugar.
Line your muffin pan or cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners. Then spray them with non-stick cooking spray. Add about one tablespoon of the graham cracker crumb mixture to the bottom of each muffin well.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs.. Combine until everything is smooth.
Using a cookie scoop, add the cream cheese filling mixture into each cupcake holder. Make sure they’ve been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each holder, 2/3 of the way.
Sour Cream Topping
The thing that sets this mini cheesecake recipe apart from all the others is the sour cream topping. When my mother first started making this recipe I was young and the idea of mixing sour cream with a dessert did not make sense to me.
Even though I was skeptical, I tasted the cheesecake and fell in love immediately as I’m sure you will too.
While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the sour cream topping by combining the sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth and creamy.
After the cupcakes have baked for about 20 minutes, remove the trays from the oven.
Add the sour cream topping to the top of each cheesecake muffin. Return the trays to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 8 minutes.
Allow the cupcakes to cool in the refrigerator until they become firm enough to stand alone when the paper cupcake liner is peeled away.
Toppings for Mini Cheesecake
For this recipe I chose fresh blueberries and raspberries. However, you can choose one of the following to add to the top of the fresh baked mini cheesecakes:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Canned blueberry, cherry or apple pie filling – just a little teaspoon on top of each mini cheesecake would be delicious!
- Chocolate Ganache – check out my recipe from the Brownie Chocolate Cake. It’s very simple to put together and, just a little drizzle would be heaven!
- You could also use jam! A few teaspoons of your favorite jam would be delicious.
- Crushed Oreo cookies or mini candy pieces, as I mentioned at the top of the post, would work as well.
Arrange the berries on top of the mini cheesecakes and serve!
Cheesecake Baking Tips
The cream cheese needs to be soft for any cheesecake recipe. So that means you need to take it out of the refrigerator at least an hour or two before you plan on preparing this recipe.
But what if you forget? You can soften cream cheese in the microwave. You want to be very careful though.
Place the cream cheese on a microwavable safe dish. Microwave uncovered on medium power in 15 second intervals or just until it is softened.
Ready for more cheesecake recipes?
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Cheesecake Cupcakes – updated recently with new photos and tips!
- Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins – is it a muffin or a cupcake? You decide!
- No Bake Cheesecake Pudding Parfaits – perfect for summer because these are no bake!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 16 Graham Crackers
- 1/4 lb. melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- I!ngredients for the cheesecake filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for the sour cream topping:
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- Place the graham crackers in a bowl and combine them with the melted butter and sugar.
- Insert a paper cupcake liner into the wells of the cupcake pan. Spray each cupcake liner with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake holder.
- Press firmly and evenly on the bottom using either the back of a juice glass or a measuring spoon.
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the sour cream layer.
For the Sour Cream Layer:
- Combine the sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the baked cheesecakes, filling each cupcake holder completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the refrigerator until they become firm enough to stand alone when paper holder is peeled away.
- Top each mini cheesecake with the blueberries and raspberries.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.