Mint Chocolate Fudge - only three ingredients and you have a delicious, decadent dessert everyone is going to love. Chocolate fudge topped with mint chips.
This is another one of out St. Patrick's Day treats that are so fun this time of year. Let me show you how to make this simple recipe.
Before we get to the recipe, I have a confession to make to you. I have never made fudge before in my life. It just wasn't a recipe we made in our family.
Not only have I never made fudge, but the few pieces of fudge I sampled over my entire lifespan have never impressed me. Until I decided to make this recipe for Mint Chocolate Fudge last week.
Table of Contents
I love mint flavored anything. Especially ice cream like my recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Soda.
But, I'm the only one in my family that cares for mint so I hardly ever make anything minty. With St. Patrick's Day coming up I decided I needed a few more "green treats" on the site and made this easy recipe.
It is so good. I cannot believe I went all these years without making homemade fudge. There will definitely be more fudge recipes coming!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Andes Mint Baking ChipsMore InformationReynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets,More Information8X8 Square Baking PanMore InformationHow to Make Easy Fudge:More Information
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk - not evaporated.
- Andes mint baking chips
Baking Tip: If you can't find mint baking chips, purchase the regular mint candy bars and chop them up into bite size pieces.
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate Chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and pour the sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for one minute.
- Remove and gently stir to combine.
Step 2: Stir until Smooth
- Stir until everything is combined and smooth.
- You may need to put the bowl in the microwave again, but only do it for 30 seconds.
- Do not overheat in the microwave.
Step 3: Add to the Prepared Pan
- Prepare the 8x8 square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the mint chocolate fudge once it has set.
- Spread the fudge into the baking dish.
Step 4: Add the Andes Mint Baking Chips
- Add the Andes Mint Baking Chips to the top of the fudge.
- Gently press the chips into the fudge.
- I wanted the green color of the chips to show so I didn't press too hard.
Step 5: Refrigerate
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and allow the fudge to set overnight on the kitchen counter or in the refrigerator.
Step 6: Remove the Fudge from the Baking Dish
Look how easy the mint chocolate fudge lifts out of the baking dish! That's why we use parchment paper.
Step 7: Slice into Squares
- Using a sharp knife, slice into one inch squares and enjoy!
- Depending on how big you slice the fudge, you should be able to get around 12 to 16 pieces.
- Remember, fudge is very sweet, so a little piece goes a long way.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Fudge is a rich, thick and very sweet and chewy confection with the main ingredient being sugar. While chocolate has more of a harder shell with the main ingredient being cocoa.
You do not have to refrigerate fudge unless, of course, it's extremely warm in your house. If you do store it in the refrigerator, make sure it's in an air-tight container as the cold temperature will dry out the fudge.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Homemade Brownies with Coffee
- Cherry Fudge
- 4 Minute Hot Fudge Sauce - this sounds delicious! I'm going to try it served over my Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream recipe.
- Rocky Road Fudge
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Mint Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Mint Chocolate Fudge – only three ingredients and you have a delicious, decadent dessert everyone is going to love. Chocolate fudge topped with mint chips.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Andes Mint Baking Chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Allow to sit for a minute and then stir together to combine.
- If not completely melted, you can return the bowl to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Prepare an 8x8 square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- Pour the melted fudge into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the mint baking chips on top pressing some of them into the soft top of the fudge if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow the fudge to harden or set overnight on the kitchen counter or in the refrigerator.
- Remove the fudge from the baking dish by gently lifting the edges of the parchment paper and place on a cutting board.
- Cut the fudge into 1 inch squares and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Leave a Reply