These are not your ordinary brownies! Peanut Butter Brownies start with a chocolate chip cookie dough base, then a peanut butter cup and finally brownie batter. The end result is brownies that are moist, rich and packed with flavor!
The result is a decadent easy dessert recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving more!
These brownies are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a party or looking foran easy dessert to bring to a potluck, these brownies will be a hit. And they're so easy to make! Just layer, bake, and enjoy.
They're lovingly referred to as a brownie, a cookie and a piece of candy all in one dessert! Yummy!
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic flavor combination, but these peanut butter brownies take the flavor pairing to new heights. The brownies are made with chocolate chip cookie dough, Reese's peanut butter cups and brownie mix, creating a rich and indulgent treat.
The cookie dough adds a nice crunch to the brownies, while the Reese's peanut butter cups provide a creamy and sweet contrast. These brownies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, and they're also incredibly easy to make.
Simply layer the ingredients into a muffin or cupcake pan and bake. In just a few minutes, you'll have a delicious batch of peanut butter chocolate brownies that will be hard to resist.
Check out my Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe.
Homemade Chocolate Brownies
This recipe uses a box brownie mix but you can use a homemade chocolate brownie recipe. However, before you do, let me share with you a few benefits of using a cake mix over baking homemade brownies:
- For one thing, box mixes are convenient--they require minimal measuring and can be easily prepared in just a few minutes.
- Box mixes typically produce more consistent results than homemade recipes. You can be confident that your brownies will turn out looking and tasting exactly as they should.
- Box mixes are usually less expensive than making brownies from scratch, so they're a great option when you're on a budget.
So the next time you're in the mood for brownies, don't be afraid to reach for a box mix. With its convenience, affordability, and reliability, it just might be the best option available. And they work perfectly with this easy recipe!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
📌Please note, you'll also need the ingredients on the back of the brownie box for this recipe.
- Step 1: Cut the cookie dough into 12 even pieces. Place the cookie dough into each section of the muffin pan and squish it down. You can use the back of a spoon, your thumb or I like to use my tart tamper tool.
- Step 2: Next, place a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on top of the cookie dough.
- Step 3: Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Step 4: Then evenly distribute the brownie mix on top of each peanut butter cup until each muffin section is about 90% full.
- Step 5: Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream on top.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Choose your favorite candy to stuff the brownies.
- Change the cookie dough used at the bottom to a sugar cookie dough or peanut butter cookie dough.
- You could stuff Oreo Cookies in place of a candy.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container.
- If you want, you can microwave the brownies for about 30 seconds to reheat.
- 1 18 ounce box brownie mix, prepared according to the package directions
- 16 ounce refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the cookie dough into 12 even pieces.
- Place the cookie dough into each section oif the muffin pan that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Press it down using a tart tamper tool or the back of a spoon.
- Place a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on top of the cookie dough.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Evenly distribute the brownie mix on top of each peanut butter cup until each muffin section is about 90% full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the brownies are fully cooked.
- Allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.