Adorable Reindeer Muffins are made with a basic muffin recipe and decorated to resemble everyone's favorite reindeer this time of year. The muffins are sweetened on top with a buttery cinnamon/sugar mixture making them another delicious breakfast or Reindeer Dessert the whole family is going to love.
These reindeer muffins are perfect for Christmas morning. Little kids will love to help you put the antlers or red noses on which will take their minds off the presents waiting for them under the tree...maybe!
This is a basic muffin recipe that's soft and tender on the inside. After they were baked and cooled, I brushed the tops of the muffins in melted butter and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar mixutre on top.
The muffin is easy to make and can easily be used as the base for your favorite fruit, crumb or even chocolate chip muffin. This recipe will become your family's favorite. Check out the Freezing Tips at the bottom of the post.
Reindeer recipes have been popular on the blog lately! Just a few years ago, I only had Reindeer Cupcakes available, and now there's Reindeer Cookies, Reindeer Pretzels and a Reindeer Cupcake Cake to help you celebrate the holiday season.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Flour - all purpose flour.
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Salt - just a little to bring out the flavor.
- Unsalted butter - melted and cooled.
- Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture - for the sweet topping.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze - to act as our glue for the eyes and nose.
- Candy Eyes
- Red M&M's
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and melted butter.
- In a small bowl , combine the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Step 2 | Add Batter to Muffin Pan
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups that have been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
Baking Tip: Don't forget to spray the muffin liners with non-stick baking spray so they peel away easily after baking.
Step 3 | Baking Instructions
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- You can also test to see if a muffin is completely baked by using an instant read thermometer. Once the reading reaches 200°F.
Step 4 | Add Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- Brush melted butter on top of the muffins followed by sprinkling cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
Step 5 | Decorate Muffins
- Mix together the powdered sugar glaze to act as a glue.
- Stick the pretzel pieces into the sides of the muffins for the antlers.
Step 6 | Decorate Muffins
- Next add a little bit of the glaze to the back of the candy eyes and place them on the muffins.
- Then add the red candies for the nose.
Quick Tip: You will have to hold the eyes and nose in place for a few minutes for the glaze to harden. Otherwise they will slip off the muffins.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Butter! Using melted butter in the recipe is the secret to moist recipes. You can also use a combination of butter and oil to get a moist muffin.
The most important rule for baking muffins is not to overstir the batter.
- Fruit- add blueberries, mashed bananas or even dried cranberries to the batter.
- Streusel Topping- add a delicious crumb topping to the top of the muffins before baking. You can find my recipe for Pumpkin Muffins with Crumb Topping to use as inspiration.
- Kid friendly - add mini chocolate chips to the batter!
Store the baked muffins in an airtight container for up to 5 days either in the refrigerator or on the counter. If it's warm in the house, the muffins should be store in the refrigerator.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before placing them on a baking tray and then in the freezer to flash freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and store in an airtight container or freezer safe plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- When you're ready to eat the muffins, remove them from the freezer to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You can then warm them up in the microwave if you want when ready to eat.
Top Recipe Tip
Do not overmix the batter.
For the Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup butter; melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon/sugar mixture
- 12 pretzel twists
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 red M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners; Spray the liners with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to just combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool.
- Brush each muffin with a little extra melted butter. Then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Cut the pretzel twists so you have antler shapes. Push two into each side of the muffins.
- Combine the ingredients for the powdered sugar glaze in a small bowl.
- Using the glaze as glue, add the candy eyes and the red M&M for the nose. Hold the eyes and nose in place until the set completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.