Get a jumpstart on meal prep with these Thanksgiving Make Ahead Side Dishes. Included in these easy Thanksgiving recipes are stuffing, potatoes and even homemade rolls. Everything can be prepped ahead to help alleviate the stress of cooking for one of the biggest food days of the year. FREE printable checklists included!
There is nothing more stressful than preparing the Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings for your family. Which is where this post comes in handy!
There are 15 different Thanksgiving Make Ahead Side Dishes to help you have the best celebration ever.
Most of the recipes can be prepared before Thanksgiving. Place in the refrigerator and once the turkey is done cooking, start adding the side dishes to the oven to cook. A few of these recipes are perfect for freezing ahead of time as well.
Table of Contents
How far ahead can I make Thanksgiving sides?
- You can make most of these recipes before Thanksgiving! Stuffing can even be made and frozen a few weeks before you need to serve it.
- I like to make my Company Mashed Potatoes recipe the day before as well as Candied Sweet Potatoes.
- Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce only gets better if it sits in the refrigerator for a few days.
How do you reheat Thanksgiving Side Dishes?
- Most casserole dishes can be reheated in the microwave.
- If you are planning on serving from aluminum trays and buffet sternos, you can reheat Thanksgiving side dishes in the oven after the turkey has cooked and then immediately place in the buffet chaffing dishes with the sternos lit underneath.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!