Bunny Shaped Cinnamon Rolls - made with a can of refrigerator cinnamon rolls, these are almost too cute to eat! Of course you can use any of my Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes to recreate these bunnies, but I think using pre-made refrigerator rolls are easy. Let me show you how to make an adorable breakfast for Easter Sunday morning that's ready fast and the whole family is going to love.
Breakfast on Easter morning can always be a bit of a challenge. Especially if you're trying to get the family ready for church. Or maybe you need to travel to visit with family and leave early in the morning.
Which is why I love how easy these bunny shaped cinnamon rolls are! Another fun recipe for Easter Sunday brunch is my Easter Egg Cream Cheese Danish. Flaky crescent rolls in the shape of an Easter egg.
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole
These bunny shaped cinnamon rolls are almost as easy as my cinnamon roll breakfast casserole recipe. Both recipes start out with a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
You can use any brand you prefer, just make sure the rolls can be easily unrolled so you can form the ears for the bunny rabbits. I chose to use pastel colored M&Ms for the eyes and nose, but you could use raisins or even chocolate chips.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerator cinnamon rolls - 8 count size
- Easter sprinkles
- M&M candy pieces
Step 1: How to form the Bunny Shape Ears
Open the can of cinnamon rolls and lay each roll on top of a piece of parchment paper.
Begin unrolling the cinnamon rolls starting with the outer edge. Go ahead and separate the outer edge from the center circle using a small paring knife.
Now take that long piece of cinnamon roll and shape it into bunny ears. Press the end of the ears into the center circle of the bunny.
Baking Tip: Remove the baking tray from the oven after the first five minutes of baking to "reshape" the bunny ears if you need to.
Step 2: Baking Instructions
Place the bunny cinnamon rolls on a flat edge baking tray that's lined with parchment paper. Bake the rolls according to the instructions on the tube of refrigerator rolls.
I baked these cinnamon rolls in a 400°F preheated oven for 14 minutes total. After the first 5 minutes, I removed the tray and made sure the bunnies were still holding their shape.
Step 3: Allow the Cinnamon Rolls to Cool
They look so cute, but not really that much like a bunny, right?
Step 3: Add the Frosting
In a microwave safe bowl, heat up the frosting that comes with the tube of cinnamon rolls for just a few seconds.
Drizzle the frosting on top of the cinnamon rolls.
Step 4: Add the M&M Candy Pieces
Finally add the candy pieces for eyes and a nose on each bunny. Sprinkle a few fun Easter colored sprinkles on top as well.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
They do look kind of cute now, right? I shared these with our next door neighbors who have 3 little kids since our kids are grown.
If you do make these, I hope you'll get the kids involved with the decorating and create memories with them because that's what holidays are all about, right?
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Store the baked cinnamon rolls in an air-tight container. They can be kept on the counter at room temperature for up to two days. If it's very warm in your house, you should store them in the refrigerator.
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – my original recipe here on the blog. Put these rolls together the night before and then bake.
- Bread Machine Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – easy recipe with dough that starts off in the bread machine! Don’t let your fear of baking with yeast keep you from enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls.
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole without Eggs – an easy sweet breakfast casserole made with canned cinnamon rolls, cream cheese, sugar and a little maple syrup. There are no eggs in this recipe!
- 1 can refrigerator cinnamon rolls; 8 count
- 24 M&M candy pieces
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls and lay each roll on top of a piece of parchment paper.
- Begin unrolling the cinnamon rolls starting with the outer edge.
- Separate the outer edge from the center circle using a small paring knife.
- Now take that long piece of cinnamon roll and shape it into bunny ears creating two loops like you do when tying shoelaces.
- Press the end of the bunny ears or loops into the center circle of the bunny. Make sure they're pressed into the center so they don't come apart in the heat of the oven.
- Place the bunny cinnamon rolls on a flat edge baking tray that’s lined with parchment paper. Bake the rolls according to the instructions on the tube of refrigerator rolls.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat up the frosting that comes with the tube of cinnamon rolls for just a few seconds.
- Drizzle the frosting on top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Add the M&Ms for eyes and a nose to each bunny cinnamon roll.
- Sprinkle Easter sprinkles on top if desired.
After the first five minutes of baking remove the tray from the oven to make sure the ears are still attached to the face of the bunny. You may have to reshape the ears or adjust them.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.