A delicious sweet treat to make and serve as Christmas snacks is this recipe for Crock Pot Candied Pecans.
With this slow cooker recipe, they're not only tasty but also incredibly easy to make. You can simply combine nuts and candied coating mix in the slow cooker and turn it on low - no need to worry about stirring or watching over them.
In a few short hours, you'll have delicious Christmas pecans as treats for your family or friends that couldn't be easier to make!
Check out all the other Christmas Snacks for even more delicious recipes.
Crock Pot candied pecans make a tasty, easy holiday gift that your friends and family won't be able to resist! What could be better than a big batch of crunchy, sweet pecans that you can whip up in no time?
Most recipes for Christmas pecans are made by toasting the nuts in the oven. This recipe is a little different and uses the slow cooker to get the flavors to marry together perfectly.
When your pecans come out, they'll be perfectly coated in a delicious candy coating that will make them irresistible! Give them as an edible gift or just keep them around for snacking. Your loved ones are sure to thank you for this tasty treat!
Table of Contents
💭How long do candied pecans last?
Candied pecans will last for up to a month if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy them for up to two weeks as a holiday gift, or keep them around for your own treat!
Just make sure you store the candied pecans away from direct sunlight and heat sources. This will help preserve their flavor and texture for a longer period of time.
💭What to make for Christmas snacks?
Christmas snacks don't have to be complicated! Another festive option is to make some spiced nuts with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of cayenne.
Or you can whip up some holiday popcorn in the microwave by adding melted butter and your favorite spices.
If you're looking for other snack ideas, try my Diabetic Chocolate Peanut Clusters for your family members who need a less sugary snack.
No matter what you make, your Christmas snacks are sure to impress!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
📋Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Halved pecans
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Egg white
- Vanilla extract
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white and vanilla.
- Whisk together until mostly combined.
Step 2 | Add the Pecans
- Next, add the pecans, white and brown sugars along with the cinnamon.
- Stir well to coat the pecans.
Step 3 | Slow Cooker Instructions
- Pour the pecan mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cook for 2 hours on low stirring every 45 minutes or so.
- Now add the water and stir.
- Continue to cook for another hour stirring one more time.
Step 4 | Spread Out on Baking Sheet
- Pour the pecans out onto a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper. Make sure you lay the pecans in an even layer.
- Let the pecans sit and dry for up to one hour. Store the Candied Pecans Christmas Snacks in an air-tight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Don't be afraid to switch up the ingredients in your Crock Pot candied pecans:
- If you don't have any brown sugar, try using some white sugar instead.
- Or if you want a hint of spice, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or some ground cinnamon for extra flavor.
- You could also use chopped almonds and walnuts instead of the pecans for a different kind of nutty snack.
- No matter what you do, your Crock Pot candied pecans are sure to be delicious and enjoyed by everyone!
If you store the candied pecans in an airtight container, they'll be good for one week stored at room temperature. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups halved pecans
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker/crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white and vanilla. Whisk together until mostly combined.
- Add pecans, white and brown sugars and the cinnamon.
- Stir well to coat the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the crock pot.
- Cook for 2 hours on low stirring every 45 minutes.
- Add the water and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional hour on low, stirring one more time between cooking.
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to a baking pan.
- Pour the pecans onto the parchment paper in an even layer.
- Let the pecans sit and dry for one hour.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe should yield about 4 cups of candied pecans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2020 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!