Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar is the perfect last minute mason jar gift idea to give to family and friends over the holiday. I mean, everything tastes better in a mason jar, right?
Let me show you how to put this easy treat and gift idea together.
Chex Mix was something we never had growing up in my family. I don't think I knew exactly what it was until I started dating my husband.
There was always a bowl of this snack mix at all of his family gatherings. AND it was always homemade. That's right, my mother-in-law made her own version of this family favorite snack mix. I didn't even know it came in a bag until many years later.
Looking for another mason jar snack gift? Try my Christmas Trail Mix in a Jar recipe.
Table of Contents
Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar
Why not give this as a gift over the holidays? It's super easy to put together. All you need are mason jars, a few bags of Chex Mix and of course, these free printable gift tags!
Gifts in a Jar Recipes with Printable Tags
Check out these other mason jar gift ideas that all have printable tags for you to use to give a great gift this holiday season.
Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
Here's what you need to put this last minute gift idea together:
- Mason Jars - I like using this size Mason jars with lids.
- Chex Mix - you can use one flavor or a combination of different flavors.
- Scrapbook Paper - try to find a paper that coordinates well with the printable tags included in this post. You can also use a fun Christmas wrapping paper.
- Printable Gift Tags - instructions on how to print are at the bottom of the post.
- Card Stock
- Ribbon - or you can use this fun red and white twine to attach the printable cards to.
More InformationMore InformationMore Information
Step 1 | Prepare the Chex Mix
- Empty the bags of chex mix into a bowl and stir to combine.
Step 2 | How to package Chex Mix as a Gift
- Fill the jar with the Chex Mix and set aside.
Step 3 | Christmas Labels for Jars
- Using the lid of the mason jar as a template, trace out circles that we're going to use to cover up the top of the lids.
- Cut out the circles and place on top of the jar lid.
- Screw the jar lid into place.
- Finally, print out the labels and attache them to the mason jar with the twine.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Check out these Christmas Treats:
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Peppermint Brownie Mix with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- Reindeer Cupcakes
- Candy Cane Parfaits
- Santa Reindeer Treats
- Hugs Pretzels with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- Three Ingredient Oreo Truffles
Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar
Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar is the perfect last minute mason jar gift idea to give to family and friends over the holiday.
- 1 bag Chex Mix; 40 ounce size
- Prepare the 3 jars by washing and drying thoroughly.
- Fill each jar with the snack mix.
- Set aside.
- Add the jar lid and ring.
- Add the gift tag to the jar with twine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1581Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3459mgCarbohydrates: 287gFiber: 14gSugar: 27gProtein: 29g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Leave a Reply