Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar is the perfect last minute mason jar gift idea to give to family and friends over the holiday. I mean, everything tastes better in a mason jar, right? Let me show you how to put this easy treat and gift idea together.
Chex Mix was something we never had growing up in my family. I don't think I knew exactly what it was until I started dating my husband.
There was always a bowl of this snack mix at all of his family gatherings. AND it was always homemade. That's right, my mother-in-law made her own version of this family favorite snack mix. I didn't even know it came in a bag until many years later.
Christmas Chex Mix in a Jar
Why not give this as a gift over the holidays? It's super easy to put together. All you need are mason jars, a few bags of Chex Mix and of course, these free printable gift tags!
Gifts in a Jar Recipes with Printable Tags
Check out these other mason jar gift ideas that all have printable tags for you to use to give a great gift this holiday season.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
Here's what you need to put this last minute gift idea together:
- Mason Jars - I like using this size Mason jars with lids.
- Chex Mix - you can use one flavor or a combination of different flavors.
- Scrapbook Paper - try to find a paper that coordinates well with the printable tags included in this post. You can also use a fun Christmas wrapping paper.
- Printable Gift Tags - instructions on how to print are at the bottom of the post.
- Card Stock
- Ribbon - or you can use this fun Red and white twine to attach the printable cards to.
Step 1 | Prepare the Chex Mix
- Empty the bags of chex mix into a bowl and stir to combine.
Step 2 | How to package Chex Mix as a Gift
- Fill the jar with the Chex Mix and set aside.
Step 3 | Christmas Labels for Jars
- Using the lid of the mason jar as a template, trace out circles that we're going to use to cover up the top of the lids.
- Cut out the circles and place on top of the jar lid.
- Screw the jar lid into place.
- Finally, print out the labels and attache them to the mason jar with the twine.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Check out these Christmas Treats:
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Peppermint Brownie Mix with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- Reindeer Cupcakes
- Candy Cane Parfaits
- Santa Reindeer Treats
- Hugs Pretzels with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- Three Ingredient Oreo Truffles
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!