Let’s spend some time talking about meal planning for lunches. Every Monday I share our Weekly Meal Plan that helps us get dinner on the table every night for our families. Today I’m going to share with you a delicious recipe for Canned Tuna Nicoise Salad and a few tips on how to plan ahead and prep lunches to take with you to work.
This recipe for Canned Tuna Nicoise Salad is sponsored by Rockridge Press. I received a copy of The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook to review and was compensated for this post, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Juggling a busy schedule can make it difficult to prepare balanced meals. It’s easy to reach for frozen and microwavable meals when you’re short on time, but being too busy shouldn’t mean that you can’t have balanced and delicious meals.
How to Meal Prep Properly
Learning how to meal prep properly will not only save you time and energy, but it will also help to make sure that you and your family eat homemade and nutritious meals.
The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook shows you how simple it is to enjoy fresh and flavorful meals on even the most hectic days all while providing practical and simple solutions with easy to follow instructions.
This cookbook is filled with information that both the new and experienced meal plan person can use. The recipes included in the book are delicious! And it’s actually a book I’ve been featuring regularly on my Weekly Meal Plan blog posts for quite some time, so I was really happy when they reached out to me to review the book!
Canned Tuna Nicoise Salad
My husband really enjoys canned tuna for lunch. I thought I would surprise him and make it a little fancier last week. This recipe for Canned Tuna Nicoise Salad from the cookbook looked really delicious and would be an easy option for lunch packaged using these meal containers.
I added a few crackers along with an apple. I also packaged a small container of homemade Italian salad dressing for my husband to use on the spinach salad.
How to Make Tuna Nicoise Salad
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 2 small red potatoes; sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs; hard boiled
- 5 ounces fresh spinach; about 4 cups
- 1 cup fresh green beans; steamed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 4 ounce cans tuna; packed in water drained
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup green olives
How to Prepare the Red Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast until golden brown and tender about 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool while you put the rest of the salad together.
- Peel the hard boiled potatoes and slice them into quarters lengthwise.
How to Put the Salad Together:
- Into each of the four containers, place 1 cup of the spinach, top with 1/4 cups of the potatoes, 4 egg quarters, 1/4 cup of green beans and tomatoes, 1/4 cup green olives and 1/2 can of the tuna.
- Sprinkle each with the black pepper.
- When ready to eat, serve with your favorite dressing. I love my easy, simple recipe for Homemade Italian Salad Dressing. It’s so much better than a bottled brand.
You can also serve this salad on a large platter for a sit down light dinner or lunch. This salad will serve 4 people.
Healthy Meal Planning Tips
Included with the recipes in this book are “Toby’s Tips” to help make prepping, storing, and packing the meals even easier.
- Meal Storage Containers
- Essential Kitchenware
- Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Tips
- Thawing and Reheating Tips
- Staples to have on hand for easy meal prep
- Nutritional information and exact serving sizes
- Shopping Lists
- Three different meal plans included!
The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook features:
- 3 flexible 2-week meal plans for ready-to-go healthy meals without the hassle of prep
- More than 100 simple, wholesome recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, complete with nutritional breakdowns and portion control to keep calories in check
- Practical weekly shopping lists with easy to find ingredients to prepare your pantry for the week
- Convenient illustrated guidelines on how to freeze, thaw, and reheat your meals to keep food fresh, safe, and tasty
As a working mom and nutritionist, Toby Amidor knows how difficult it can be to carve out the time for healthy home cooking. Applying her 15 years of experience as a nutritionist, blogger, and recipe developer here in The Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook, Toby shares her tricks and tips to efficient and enjoyable meal prep.
More Easy and Delicious Salad Recipes:
How to Bake the Potatoes How to put the Salad Together If you are not prepping this salad for lunch, you can also place all the ingredients on a large serving platter for everyone to help themselves.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
How to Bake the Potatoes
How to put the Salad Together
If you are not prepping this salad for lunch, you can also place all the ingredients on a large serving platter for everyone to help themselves.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.