Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding Mix come out light and fluffy! No more flat chocolate chip cookies if you bake them with pudding!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Today I’m sharing with you a recipe for Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies that are amazing! The pudding mix makes the cookies fluffy. You will not have flat cookies ever again! The last few times I made chocolate chip cookies they came out flat. Now, I like them flat and crispy but most people enjoy a fluffy chocolate chip cookie.
And you want them looking pretty when serving them on a tray for guests or giving away as gifts to friends. I have been searching for a way to make chocolate chip cookies look “pretty” again AND still taste delicious. The secret I found is to add vanilla pudding mix to the batter.
Some recipes call for a whole box of vanilla pudding mix, but this recipe just calls for a few tablespoons. The cookies were amazing and they looked beautiful when I took them out of the oven. I used my phone to take the above photo and thought, why not put a quick post together.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and pudding mix together; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and the sugars until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough out onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven or until the cookies are slightly browned.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Tips for Baking Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Make sure the butter is room temperature.
- Use a cookie scoop to help make sure all the cookies are the same size.
- Use parchment baking sheets to help the cookies bake evenly and not burn.
- Silpat Baking Sheets work really great too!
How Many Cookies will this Recipe Make?
The recipe will make about 15 – 18 cookies depending on how big a cookie scoop you use. I would definitely double the recipe the next time I’m baking chocolate chip cookies. This really is a delicious and EASY recipe. Your cookies will never be flat again…or at least mine won’t be flat again.
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
- Parchment Paper Sheets – these are my favorite. I use them for other recipes…not just baking!
- Cookie Scoops – you can use these for cookies, ice cream or even helping you get uniform sizes for meatballs.
- Baking Racks – perfect to help cool cookies without them falling apart.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – made with a cake mix
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 144mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g