Chocolate Covered Strawberries are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. What makes these even better is they’re heart-shaped and so very easy to make. I don’t think you’ll look at strawberries the same again after you see how to form hearts from the strawberry halves.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2015 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Nothing says I love you for Valentine’s Day more than chocolate covered heart shaped strawberries. That’s right, these strawberries are in the shape of a heart. How cute is this idea? Your family and friends are going to love this treat and don’t worry, they’re really easy to make too…really!
Chocolate Covered Heart Shaped Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are one of my favorite treats and I love to make them for special occasions. I usually make them every year for Valentine’s Day, but this time I thought, let’s try something different.
They’re not only delicious, but so pretty to give as a gift with their heart shape which is exactly what I did. I gave them to my neighbors and they loved them.
Once you create the heart shape, you may not be able to look at strawberries the same again. They’re very easy to make.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Chocolate Drizzle Bottle – for melted chocolate
- Parchment Baking Sheets or waxed paper
- Almond Bark – in white and chocolate
- Fresh Strawberries
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Vanilla Almond Bark
- Toothpicks – okay, technically not an ingredient, but you do need toothpicks to help you create the heart shapes.
How to Make Heart Shape Strawberries
Take the stem off of the strawberries, don’t cut the stem, just pull it off. Then cut the strawberries in half and lay them flat on a cutting board.
Place them together with the pointy bottoms touching. Secure them with a toothpick and you have a heart.
It only takes a few minutes to have a bunch put together. Try not to put the toothpick all the way through so you have something to hold on to while you dip the strawberries in the chocolate.
How to Dip the Strawberries in Chocolate
Follow the instructions on the back of the almond bark package and melt a few squares. Make sure the strawberries are completely dry by wiping them down with a paper towel before dipping.
Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, trying to get the whole strawberry covered.
Once they’re dipped, they begin to look like hearts. Don’t you think?
Set them on a piece of wax paper to dry completely.
After they’ve dried, you may need to trim some of the melted chocolate away.
How to Decorate the Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Begin with melting 2 to 4 squares of the white chocolate almond bark also according to the package directions.
Add the melted chocolate to the chocolate drizzle bottle and squeeze some of the melted white chocolate on top of the hearts.
- Just before dipping the strawberries wipe them off with a paper towel to make sure they’re as dry as can be. Melted chocolate and water do not mix well at all.
- Make sure you leave some of the toothpicks sticking out of the strawberries to create a handle that will help you when dipping them in the chocolate.
- Lay the freshly dipped strawberries on waxed paper or parchment baking sheets so they can easily be removed to a serving tray.
A few other Valentine’s Day Recipes:
- Heart Shaped Treats
- Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Valentines Day Ice Cream Floats
- Heart Shaped Oreo Truffles
- Pudding Filled Puff Pastry Hearts
- Fun February Holiday Meal Plan – my strawberries are included on this menu!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.