The perfect munchable treat for the holidays is this Christmas Trail Mix in a Jar! It has all the flavors and colors of the season and it's incredibly easy to make.
Choose your favorite snack mix, pretzels, candy and nuts and add it to a few mason jars. Then attach the free printable gift tags with ribbon and you have a fun, enjoyable gift to give to family, friends, neighbors, teachers...even the Amazon delivery man!
Check out all the other Mason Jar Gift Ideas for even more delicious recipes to give as gifts this holiday season.
Mason Jar Snack Mix Ideas like this easy trail mix recipe make a great snack all year round. It makes an even better gift during the holidays season.
Like my Christmas Snack Mix, this easy and tasty recipe only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Simply mix together the Chex Mix Muddy Buddies, pretzels, peanut butter cups, pecans and M&M's, then pour the mixture into a few mason jars.
Tie on a festive ribbon and you're done! This sweet and salty snack mix is perfect for munching on during holiday movie marathons or sharing with friends as a thoughtful Christmas gift.
Table of Contents
Mason jar snacks
Mason jars have become a popular way to give food gifts and snacks in recent years, thanks to their versatility and rustic charm.
- One mason jar gift idea is to fill the jar with a homemade Christmas Chex mix. This can be as simple as combining your favorite cereals, nuts and dried fruit, or you can get creative with flavor combinations.
- Another option is to fill the mason jar with ingredients for a homemade baked goods. For example, you could put together my recipe of Bulk Pancake Mix along with a bottle of syrup.
- You can also create gifts of homemade cookie mix in mason jars.
Whatever you choose to put in the mason jar, make sure to include a hand-written or printable gift tag with instructions for the recipient. And don't forget the ribbon or string - mason jars always look better when they're dressed up!
What are Muddy Buddies made of?
Muddy Buddies, also known as Puppy Chow, are a popular snack mix. The standard recipe consists of cereal squares coated in chocolate and peanut butter, then rolled in powdered sugar.
However, there are many variations of this recipe, using different types of cereal, chocolate, and peanut butter. Some recipes also include additional ingredients, such as pretzels or marshmallows.
Despite the variations, the core ingredients remain the same: cereal, chocolate, and peanut butter. This combination of sweet and savory flavors are a popular choice to add to a snack mix all year long!
What can you put in a mason jar as a gift?
There are many ways you can use a mason jar to give a gift especially around the holidays:
- First, it can be customized to the recipient's taste. For example, you could make a mason jar snack mix with the recipient's favorite ingredients.
- Second, mason jars are reusable, so the recipient can use it again and again.
- Third, mason jars are relatively inexpensive, so you can make a number of them without breaking the bank.
- Finally, mason jars are a unique and thoughtful gift that shows you care about the recipient.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
📋Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Step 1: Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Use a wide mouth funnel and divide the ingredients between the mason jars.
Add the Free Printable Gift Tag
- Print out the free printable gift tag and add it to the jar using pretty ribbon.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Free Printable Gift Tags
Once you download the gift tags, you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own mason jar gift.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags.
- Cut out the gift tags and attach them using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
There are many ways you can change this recipe by adding your favorite snack items:
- Instead of pecans, you can use peanuts, walnuts, cashews or a combination of nuts would be delicious too.
- Dried fruit
- A combination of chocolate and white chocolate morsels.
- Christmas Trail Mix in a Jar should keep for 4 weeks as long as the jar is sealed completely every time the jar is opened.
Top Recipe Tip
- The size of the jar you use doesn't really matter, however, there should be enough trail mix in this recipe to fill around 10 pint-sized jars.
My Favorite Mason Jars: Perfect for Christmas Snack Mixes! Ideal for sliced fruits and vegetables, pickles, tomato-based juices, and sauces. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, reusable. New and improved sure tight lids.
- 1 - 10.5 ounce size Chex Mix Muddy Buddies - any flavor
- 1 - 11.4 ounce size red and green M&M's
- 1 - 7.4 ounce size Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup waffle pretzels
- Combine everything together in a bowl.
- Divide evenly between mason jars.
- Add the free printable gift tag with ribbon.
- The size of the jar you use doesn't really matter, however, there should be enough trail mix in this recipe to fill around 6 pint-sized jars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.