Homemade Bulk Pancake Mix - soft, fluffy pancakes made using simple ingredients from a mason jar. All you need to do is add milk and eggs and breakfast is almost ready. This is an easy breakfast recipe to keep on hand.
It also makes a great mason jar gift idea for the holidays or to give as a hostess gift with the FREE printable tags. Let me show you how easy this recipe is to put together.
The one thing I really love to do for the holiday season is give homemade gifts to family and friends. A few years ago, I made my recipe for Overnight Cinnamon Rolls and gave them as a Freezer Friendly Recipe with printables so my friends wouldn't have to worry about making breakfast on Christmas morning.
For gifts this year, I thought it would be fun to give the recipe for homemade bulk pancake mix that I've been using for years.This way when we want pancakes for breakfast all I need to do is get my mason jar with the pre-made mix and start cooking. It really does make life easier.
This recipe tastes so much better than what you would normally purchase in a box from a grocery store!
Pancake Mix in a Jar Recipe
This pancake mix in a jar recipe is super easy to put together. There's printable labels and tags for you to use. Grab a few mason jars, print out the labels and you have a really nice gift around the holidays to give to your neighbors, teachers and even family members.
When your friends are ready to make homemade pancakes for breakfast one morning over the holiday season, all they need to do is add the milk and egg and in a few minutes they have a delicious breakfast ready for their family.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Main Ingredients Needed:
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Step 1 | Prepare the Bulk Dry Mix
- Measure everything into a large batter bowl or a mixing bowl.
- Then add to the large mason jar using a wide mouth canning funnel.
- Print out the labels and attach to the mason jar.
- Attach the gift tag with pretty ribbon around the neck of the mason jar.
Step 2 | Prepare Pancakes using the Bulk Mix
- Add one cup of pancake mix to a mixing bowl.
- Then add one cup of milk that's already been combined with one egg.
Step 3 | Cooking Instructions
- Add ⅓ cup of batter to a hot griddle that's been either sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or coated with butter.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and delicious!
A few of our favorite toppings for homemade pancakes:
- Butter and warm maple syrup. It helps that our daughter-in-law is from Vermont and we now have the best syrup available to us!
- I love making Homemade Strawberry Sauce.
- Homemade Blueberry Sauce to pour on top of the pancakes is my hubby's favorite.
- And you can't beat fresh fruit with maybe whipped cream!
- These pancakes even freeze well! So if you happen to have leftovers, lay them flat on a baking tray lined with parchment baking sheets and place in the freezer to "flash freeze" for about 30 minutes or so.
- Next, remove them from the baking tray and place the frozen pancakes in a freezer safe bag. You then have pancakes for busy mornings that you can easily reheat in the microwave.
How to Print the Labels
Once you sign up for my newsletter you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own Pancake Mix as a Gift or just to use for your own kitchen.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags. Regular printer paper will be fine for the baking instructions.
- Cut out the labels and adhere to the mason jars using double side tape. Add the homemade gift tags using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
Ready for More Great Breakfast Recipes?
- Spinach Bacon Cheese Frittata
- Microwavable Egg Omelet in a Cup
- Banana Nut Bread
- Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Pancake Mix:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Store in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Label the container using the printable labels from Walking on Sunshine Recipes.
To Make the Pancakes:
- Shake the mix first before measuring out the cup of pancake mix. You want to make sure the ingredients are properly distributed and haven't settled before making the pancakes.
- Combine 1 cup pancake mix, 1 egg and 1 cup milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a griddle and grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring spoon, pour the batter on the hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear.
- Flip and continue cooking another minute or until the bottom side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe is enough to make one large mason jar to use as one gift.
- It will make 2 recipes of pancakes, each recipe making 8 pancakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!