Christmas Tree Candy Cane Brownies
Christmas is in just a few days but there’s still time to share another fun treat for the family. The kids are especially going to enjoy eating these fun Christmas Tree Candy Cane Brownies and helping you make them.
You can use your favorite homemade brownie recipe or you can grab a box of brownie mix. I guess it all depends on how much time you have. But if you’re like me, time is very precious these days and I chose to use a box brownie mix.
Tips for Making Brownies
Here’s a few tips to help you make these really cute treats:
- Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies – that way you’ll get a nice clean cut and no crumbs.
- A serrated knife works great too.
- Use shorter thicker candy canes if you want the brownies to look more like tree stumps or tree trunks.
- Use mini candy canes if you want to give the kids a “handle” to hold the brownies while they’re eating them.
Make sure you check out the shopping guide at the bottom of the recipe to see the candies used in this recipe and check out the other Christmas Treats that are also available on the blog for you to make this holiday season!
How to Make Christmas Tree Candy Cane Brownies
How to Decorate the Christmas Tree Candy Cane Brownies
Add colorful sprinkles to complete the look of your decorated Christmas Tree Brownies.
- Brownie mix of your choice
- Green decorator’s icing
- Holiday Candy Pieces
- Star cake sprinkles - for the top of the tree
- Holiday colored crystal sprinkles
- Mini candy canes
- Begin by preparing your brownies in a square pan according to the package instructions. If you want to make them thicker, you can pour two batches of batter into a single pan and cook a bit longer. Be sure to spray your pan well so that the brownies will come out once cooled.
- Once the brownies are done baking, set them aside to cool completely.
- Turn the brownies over onto a sheet pan so that they come out smoothly.
- Cut your brownies into tree shaped triangles.
- Use the green decorator’s icing to create green garland in a zigzag pattern across the front of each brownie tree, beginning at the bottom and working toward the top..
- Push the straight end of a mini candy cane into the bottom of each brownie tree with the curved end sticking out.
- Place a star shaped cake sprinkle on the top of each brownie Christmas tree and decorate the trees with holiday colored candy pieces.
- Finish your brownie Christmas trees by adding some holiday colored crystal sprinkles.
Reindeer CupcakesChocolate Covered PretzelsChristmas Cookie RoundupPeanut Butter Blossom CookiesChocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers – FeaturedHugs Pretzels – Printable Gift TagsChristmas Treats RoundupMason Jar Gift Ideas – FeaturedOreo Christmas Cookie TrufflesMinty Brownie Bites – Featured