Crescent Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls – flaky refrigerator cinnamon rolls stuffed with a cream cheese cinnamon filling then topped with a sugary glaze. This recipe is an EASY way to enjoy another one of our Best Cinnamon Rolls without all the work!
I don’t know about you, but my family loves cinnamon rolls. But they can be a ton of work. Which is why I’m excited to share this recipe for Crescent Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls with you today.
This recipe uses the cinnamon sugar filling from my Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe only I added it to softened cream cheese. Then I spread this cream cheese mixture on top of refrigerator crescent rolls, rolled them up and baked.
How easy does that sound? It’s almost as easy as my Frozen Bread Cinnamon Rolls and that’s only because you have to wait for the bread dough to defrost!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Parchment Baking Sheets
- Baking Trays
- Silicone Measuring Cups – perfect to help you pour the glaze on top of the baked crescent rolls.
- Pizza Wheel Cutter – this works great on dividing the crescent rolls into individual sections.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Refrigerator Crescent Rolls – I used Pillsbury brand; 8 count.
- Cream Cheese – softened. Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you start the recipe.
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Milk – I used 2 percent milk.
- Powdered sugar – for the glaze
- Vanilla extract
Baking Tip: Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before combining it with the sugar and cinnamon. That way the mixture comes together smoothly.
Step 1: Open the Crescent Roll Can
Open the crescent roll can and separate the rolls into triangles. Lay them flat on a piece of parchment paper while you prepare the cinnamon cream cheese.
Step 2: Make the Cinnamon Cream Cheese
In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and milk with the softened cream cheese. Beat for a few minutes or until everything is combined and smooth.
Step 3: Spread the Cream Cheese Mixture
Add a heaping tablespoon on top of each crescent roll triangle. Spread the mixture on top being careful not to go too close to the edge of the crescent rolls.
Step 4: Roll up the Crescents
Beginning at the larger end, start rolling up the crescent rolls. You want to try to pinch and tuck the ends together so the cream cheese mixture doesn’t seep out while baking.
Step 5: Place on Baking Tray
Place the crescent rolls on a baking tray that’s been lined with parchment paper.
Step 6: How to Make an Egg Wash
Combine the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Brush the crescent rolls with the egg wash.
Step 7: Baking Instructions
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set them aside for a few minutes to cool while you prepare the glaze.
Step 8: Prepare the Glaze
Combine the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle on top of the slightly cooled crescent rolls.
Step 9: Enjoy
Now, don’t these look delicious? The taste of homemade cinnamon rolls without all the work!
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You can store the crescent rolls in an air-tight container on the kitchen counter for the first day. After that they should be refrigerated. You can also refresh them in a preheated 365 degree oven for about three minutes.
You can do all the work for these cream cheese cinnamon rolls the night before. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, bake and continue with the recipe.
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast – the perfect combination of homemade cinnamon rolls and French toast together in one easy-to-make recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes.
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls using Biscuits – that’s right biscuits. Two cans of refrigerator biscuits turned into cinnamon rolls. Delicious!
- Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread – made with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and plenty of cinnamon, sugar and butter. In no time at all your kitchen will smell amazing with this easy recipe baking in the oven!
For the Crescent Rolls:
- 1 - 8 count tube crescent rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls onto a piece of parchment paper or a cutting board.
- Separate the crescent rolls and set aside while you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon and milk into a bowl and using a hand-held mixer or KitchenAid mixer, combine everything until smooth.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon on to each crescent roll being careful not to go too close to the edge.
- Starting at the bigger end, roll each crescent roll up trying best to tuck the ends under.
- Place the crescent rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you prepare the glaze ingredients.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over the slightly cooled crescent rolls.
- Serve and enjoy.
The cream cheese mixture tastes just like homemade cinnamon rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.