Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread – made with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and plenty of cinnamon, sugar and butter. This is another Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes the whole family will love pulling apart to enjoy for breakfast or brunch. Let me show you how easy this recipe is made with only four ingredients.
This is not a traditional monkey bread recipe. There’s no gooey sugary bottom. It’s a semi-homemade monkey bread that comes together fast with only a few ingredients. Most of which I believe you probably have in your kitchen and pantry.
This recipe is even easier than my Cinnamon Rolls made with Frozen Bread Dough. It uses refrigerator biscuits as the bread base.
Grands Biscuit Donuts
You might even want to call this recipe Grands biscuits donuts since it does start off with a tube of Grands biscuits. You know the kind you usually serve for dinner?
This recipe for cinnamon sugar monkey bread is as easy as opening up a tube of biscuits, cutting them into pieces and combining with cinnamon and sugar. In no time at all your kitchen is going to smell amazing!
Cinnamon sugar monkey bread is a great recipe for baking with kids. If you wanted to add a glaze, try the homemade powdered sugar glaze from my Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Bundt Pan – I used a 9 inch bundt pan for this recipe. I think it would be fun to use individual sized mini bundt pans too!
- Baking cooling rack – this works great when you’re ready to pour the glaze on top.
Mini Fluted Cake Pans, 3 Packs Reusable SiliconeBundt Cake Keeper, PlasticNon-Stick 9-Inch Fluted Tube PanThe Pioneer Woman Vintage Floral 12-Piece Dinnerware SetThe Pioneer Women Flea Market Decorated Coffee Cup,The Pioneer Woman Nesting Mixing Bowl Set 10-Piece
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 tubes of Grands Homestyle Refrigerator Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the stick of butter in the bundt pan and place the bundt pan in the oven to melt the butter.
Open the two cans of biscuits. Separate the dough and then cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
Place the cut up biscuits in a bowl and add the sugar and cinnamon. Toss everything to combine.
Then remove the bundt pan from the oven. The butter should be completely melted. Start layering the biscuits on top of each other and up the bundt pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the biscuits are browned.Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes and then invert onto a plate.
Pull apart the biscuits and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions
You don’t have to use a bundt pan, although I personally like a bundt pan. You can use a traditional tube pan or even a casserole dish. The baking time will change if you use a casserole dish, so watch the recipe closely.
Monkey bread is done when it’s crispy on top and a knife or skewer inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – these rolls rise in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning. Perfect for when busy holiday mornings.
- Freezer Friendly Cinnamon Rolls – I gave these as gifts a few years ago to family and friends. Free printables available too!
- Frozen Bread Dough Cinnamon Rolls made using frozen bread dough – when you think you don’t have enough time for a traditional yeast bread recipe, try this one!
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole – uses refrigerator cinnamon rolls to create a delicious casserole that’s easy to put together!
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate it!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground sugar
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits; 16.3 ounce size each can
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the stick of butter in the bundt pan and place the bundt pan in the oven to melt the butter.
- Separate the dough and then cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Place the cut up biscuits in a bowl and add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss everything to combine.
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and begin layering the sugared biscuits in the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the biscuits are browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes and then invert onto a plate.
- Pull apart the biscuits and enjoy!
You can also make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top of the baked monkey bread. Try my easy glaze from the Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread Recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2012 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!