This easy and delicious Crescent Roll Fruit Pizza is made with a cream cheese frosting base and topped with an assortment of fresh or canned fruit. It's a simple, yet elegant recipe you will be making over and over again!
This is a sweet, refreshing dessert that's perfect to serve with a variety of fruit all year long.
Check out all the other crescent roll recipes for even more delicious recipe ideas
Everyone loves pizza; savory and sweet. For this fruit pizza, I used refrigerator crescent rolls to form the crust. Then added a sweetened cream cheese frosting followed by an arrangement of fresh and canned fruit.
Bake the crescent roll crust on a non-stick pizza pan. If you don't have a pizza pan, you can use a square pan.
Table of Contents
- Crescent Roll Fruit Pizza
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Tips for Choosing Fruit
- Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Prepare the Crust
- Baking Instructions
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling
- Decorate with Fresh or Canned Fruit
- Before You Begin!
- 💡 Substitutions and Variations
- 🍶 Storage Tips
- ➡️ Top Recipe Tip
- 📇Recipe Card
- 💬 Comments
Crescent Roll Fruit Pizza
Using crescent rolls isn't just for savory recipes. Check out my Crescent Roll Fruit Tart recipe that was published many years ago here on the site. I usually make for my daughter's birthday. She loves it in place of a traditional birthday cake.
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
You can also use pre-made refrigerator sugar cookie dough to make a fruit pizza. I used it for my Flag Fruit Sugar Cookie Pizza and my Fruit Cookie Pizza. Just make sure you undercook the sugar cookie a little. That way the crust won't be tough.
You could also use pizza dough to make a fruit pizza like I did with my Easter Egg Fruit Pizza. Again you pre-bake the pizza dough and then add the toppings.
Another fun option is to make Individual Sugar Cookie Egg Fruit Pizzas for a special holiday brunch celebration.
Tips for Choosing Fruit
Here are a few tips for making the right fruit choices when putting together your own fruit pizza:
- If you're going to use canned fruit, make sure you drain it very well.
- Choose fresh fruit that is not watery. You could use watermelon, but add the watermelon to the pizza right before serving.
- Also make sure the fruit you choose stays fresh for at least a few hours. Fresh sliced apples and bananas are delicious, but you should add those right before serving as well.
📌Expert Tip: When serving this recipe for a crowd, add the fruit right before serving. That way the cream cheese layer doesn't get watery. I like to have all the fruit prepped and stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator. I add the fruit while the coffee is brewing. Sometimes my guests even like to help arrange the fruit.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Prepare the Crust
- Step 1: Unroll and separate the crescent rolls. Lay them flat on top of a round 12" pizza pan pressing the seams together to create one large round pizza dough crust. Use a pastry roller to help.
- Step 2: Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Step 3: Allow it to cool completely before adding the cream cheese frosting.
📌Baking Tip: You can prepare the crescent roll crust the day before you need to serve the fruit pizza. Allow it to cool, wrap in aluminum foil and then store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Make the Cream Cheese Filling
- Step 4: In a mixing bowl, using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Step 5: Gently fold in the whipped topping using a rubber spatula.
- Step 6: Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooked and cooled baked crescent rolls.
Decorate with Fresh or Canned Fruit
- Step 7: Finally, add the fruit and arrange in a decorative pattern.
- Step 8: Serve immediately.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
Here are a few combinations of fruit you can use on top of the tart:
- Canned peaches; completely drained.
- Fresh strawberries
- Sliced banana; wait until right before serving to add the banana.
- Kiwi, sliced
🍶 Storage Tips
- This recipe will store in the refrigerator for about a day; however, it's best served the day you prepare it.
- You can prep-ahead this recipe by preparing the crescent roll crust and cream cheese spread the day before. Assemble an hour before you want to serve.
- This recipe does not freeze well.
➡️ Top Recipe Tip
- This recipe is best served within an hour or so of making as the fruit juices can bleed into the cream cheese layer.
- 1 package Pillsburt Crescent Rolls; 8 count
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese; softened
- ½ cup frozen whipped topping; defrosted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can peaches; drained
- ½ banana; sliced
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them.
- Place them on top of the pizza pan. Press the seams together to form one circle of crescent roll dough. Use a pastry roller if you need help pressing the seams together.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely while you prepare the cream cheese layer.
- In a mixing bowl, using either a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping using either a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Once the crescent roll crust has cooled completely, even spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Add the assorted fruit on top in a decorative pattern.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is best served within an hour or so of making as the fruit juices can bleed into the cream cheese layer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.